Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere. We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a friendly, empathetic Customer Support Specialist to join our growing team and provide help and guidance to individuals working at some of the largest employers and companies in America.
Relationships and support are some of the most important things we manage here at PerkSpot. As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be providing top-notch technical support to our valued partners using a variety of technical programs, as well as tracking these interactions. We are looking for someone with a background in customer service, as well as a positive and accommodating attitude.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from nearly 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Customer Support Team
The customer support team is made up of helpful communicators, creative problem-solvers, and collaborative team players. Together with the Customer Support Manager, they work closely to address customer issues that arise while using PerkSpot’s software and website. They are also constantly strategizing ways to improve upon PerkSpot’s existing processes. As a member of this team, you will become an expert in PerkSpot’s tools and website, while constantly interacting with PerkSpot customers and internal teams to ensure that our company is offering the best possible support to its various partners.
Life as a Customer Support Specialist:
- Becoming an expert in PerkSpot’s services and processes, as well as its website and user portal
- Providing exceptional and timely support to customers via phone, email, and live chat
- Documenting active tickets every step of the way, from inquiry to solution and completion
- Actively prioritizing support tickets and escalating appropriately
- Assisting with new user setup, account maintenance, and sales project as needed
- Taking part in high-level problem-solving in collaboration with team members and manager
- Developing relationships with PerkSpot’s internal team and customers to maintain and improve customer satisfaction
- Soliciting feedback from customers on PerkSpot’s service and product and relaying this feedback to applicable internal teams
- Conducting ongoing research on new trends within the marketplace
- Attending regular team and staff meetings to address feedback, changes, and ideas
- Constantly strategizing ways to make the PerkSpot experience better and more effective for its customers
The working hours for this position are Monday through Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, with the possibility of occasional weekend coverage, however this is subject to change based on the business needs.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in customer support, managing support tickets in various mediums and prioritizing issues according to importance
- Basic understanding of computer and home networking terminology, including but not limited to terms like operating systems, browsers, routers, modems, etc.
- Knowledge of Zendesk and background in IM/chat support preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with proven interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Positive, helpful attitude with the ability to handle challenging conversations in a professional demeanor
- Collaborative, team-focused mindset
- Desire to learn and grow within a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
- Bilingual – Spanish is a plus
Your First Few Months
From your first day you’ll be expected to jump right into the customer support team. Throughout your training, you will learn the ins and outs of PerkSpot’s website functionality, customer service processes, and internal administration. As a key member of this team, you’ll take on challenging projects right from the get go, and be exposed to incredible opportunities for growth and development. Through your partnership with the customer support team and other departments, you’ll take an active part in the company right off the bat to advocate for customer needs and maintain PerkSpot’s status as an industry leader.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.