Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Director of Partnerships to join our rapidly growing Tempus Algos team.
What You’ll Do
- Find the most exciting scientific advancements, algorithms, molecular signatures and technology that Tempus can invest in and bring to doctors and patients
- Work with academic researchers and other life sciences companies to identify unique technology that fits with Tempus’ mission, core business and capabilities
- Evaluate opportunities: assess feasibility of potential projects, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understanding scientific opportunities, timelines, costs and multiple other variables to determine optimal partnerships
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative discipline relevant to Tempus (e.g. statistical genetics, cancer genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, biomedical engineering, molecular biology or similar)
- Scientific curiosity: you can find amazing ideas and determine which fit with the Tempus core business
- Entrepreneurial: you’ll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fast
- Bias for action: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Clear thinker and communicator: Can evaluate complex scientific issues and boil down key concepts into clear opportunities
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, artificial intelligence / machine learning, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development