Director of Applications Development at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The charter of the ServiceNow IT Customer Experience Development team is to develop business applications and customizations on the ServiceNow platform. We develop easy-to-use innovative SaaS solutions for all our internal users and for our customers to interact with us. The team works on multiple complex projects simultaneously using Agile methodologies. We make use of Mobile, Virtual Agent, Machine Learning, NLU capabilities to develop impactful solutions for complex business problems.
We are looking for...
- Significant experience in a technical leadership role, ideally managing large teams of engineers spread across geographies.
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to mentor and develop.
- Hands-on development and design experience.
- Ability to go deep in technology and go wide in the business application as per need.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- What you get to do in this role:
- Lead engineering team of multiple managers and 30+ engineers and to work on various projects in a fast pace environment with a focus on Innovation.
- Interact with product owners team for new features and platform upgrades.
- Own the overall systems development life cycle for product implementation as well as custom-built web applications on the ServiceNow platform.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Drive collaboration platform roadmap and work across organizational boundaries to successfully deliver projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Work closely with various groups to understand business requirements as well as architecture/design.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization’s resources are managed responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development.
To be successful in this role you have:
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication. Minimum Three years on a Green card OR US Citizen will be required for this role.
- Experience in solution consulting will be a huge plus especially using ServiceNow Platform
- Proven experience in leading large product engineering teams
- Experience with Cloud Dev. Machine Learning, Platforms, Web Dev, Frameworks, and service-oriented architecture.
- Ability to solve complex, technical problems, partnering with a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to design systems that are performant, secure, stable, and scalable.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow platform is a big plus. Able to hire top talent and build a productive team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies quickly
- B.Tech or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Working exposure to federal regulated markets software development will be a plus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.