Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
While working within Alliant’s Compliance Management System (CMS), the Director, Compliance – Advisory is responsible for partnering with our lines of business to develop, maintain, and enhance strategic, risk-based compliance management plans that enable risk takers to achieve their objectives in a compliant manner. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for developing and enhancing compliance programs tailored to the Unfair, deceptive or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP) regulatory expectations. The Director is responsible for collaborating with his/her peers to execute our strategic plan for enhancing Alliant’s CMS. This incumbent is responsible for leading and developing a team of advisory managers, delivering risk-based and sound advice, and contributing to the strategic vision of the Compliance Department and Alliant. Resources to do the job require transformational change leadership and strong relationship and communication skills.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Direct and conduct regulatory program risk assessments for supported lines of business.
- Advise business partners on applicable regulatory requirements, development of controls and monitoring, remediation/corrective action on CMS deficiencies, and changes to laws and regulations.
- Educate business partners on regulators’ CMS expectations of a $10 billion+ financial institution.
- Provide an independent, credible challenge through advisory engagements while leveraging Alliant’s values.
- Provide expert consultation to business partners to identify and mitigate risk within their business units.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to regulators (CFPB, NCUA, IDFPR) for CMS topics within span of control.
- Direct and conduct UDAAP risk assessments across the enterprise either independently (e.g., credit card rewards) or in conjunction with broader risk assessments (e.g., Collections Department).
- Maintain policies, standards and procedures related to UDAAP.
- Strategically preempt legal and regulatory challenges by understanding current and future related legislation and regulations for the industry.
- Provide business vision by creating imagery and transparency in the possibilities, opportunities and direction of the future
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Work with your direct reports and help seek out growth opportunities for your reports; continually challenge reports to maximize their engagement and productivity
- Help propagate messaging across the organization that fosters a broader knowledge of Compliance, promotes collaboration and influences constructive and positive change
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Completion of a Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ relevant experience, required. JD or Master’s Degree preferred. CRCM or CUCE certification strongly desired, and you have:
- Experience with lending is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and prior management skills required.
- Broad financial services knowledge and industry best practices for continuously improving a proactive Compliance Management System.
- Leveraging a systemic tool for workflow management and surveillance.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Change agent with demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off