Overview of Role:
We’re looking for a great communicator to join TransUnion as a Director on our Corporate Affairs & Communication team, responsible for directing and executing the company’s public affairs and issues management communications. This person will join a dynamic communications team that helps build and protect TransUnion’s reputation with key stakeholders worldwide. The ideal candidate will have strong communication expertise, business acumen and people skills, and will be responsible for setting and executing strategic communication plans.
What we’ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant progressive experience, preferably in a corporate or agency setting
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with significant writing experience
- Expertise and strong track record independently developing, executing and measuring the success of strategic communication programs
- The ability to form effective, consultative working relationships with colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders
- Experience supervising the work of others
- Extremely good prioritization and organization skills; comfortable working under deadline pressure
- Creativity, flexibility and initiative
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion
- Some travel may be required
Impact you’ll make:
- Establish and execute short- and long-term vision for public affairs and issues management communication strategy that protect TransUnion’s reputation and promote the company’s interests. Envision opportunities and set goals that are consistent with TransUnion’s objectives, define and develop compelling messaging and communication programs, and measure success.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues from various departments across TransUnion to address communication requests and opportunities, providing guidance and/or deliverables regarding strategic approach, messaging and tactical execution. Key relationships include colleagues representing legal, compliance, government relations, information security, public relations, marketing, internal communications, design, social media, sales, investor relations, and more.
- Develop and lead a public affairs communication program that will articulate and amplify TransUnion points of view on external topics affecting our industry.
- In the event of an issue or crisis, lead TransUnion’s communication response as part of a cross-functional response team. Develop effective strategy, messaging and deliverables for all relevant external and internal audiences, and direct delivery. Build crisis communication preparedness across the company including management of TransUnion’s crisis communications plan and issues management training.
- Manage the work of team members and agencies to manage performance and maximize department output.
- Support the Corporate Affairs & Communications team by periodically guiding and supporting projects related to corporate communication, executive communication, and corporate social responsibility initiatives, as well as efforts of the broader Marketing team.
- Stay current on trends and new developments within TransUnion, the credit reporting industry, and the business communication profession.
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.