Director Of Corporate Development
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 10-12 years post-undergraduate experience with 4-6 post MBA
- Experience and strong record of accomplishment in top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking (or other transaction-advisory services firms) and/or corporate strategy and corporate development
- Experience with direct supervisory responsibilities and demonstrated ability to manage, develop, and motivate other associates
- Strong leadership skills: ability to take initiative and ownership and effectively leverage resources to drive successfully outcomes
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to break down complex problems into critical parts, identify the key causes and effectively prioritize and execute way forward
- Strong critical thinking skills: ability to assimilate and understand new concepts in short time frames
- Exceptional analytical skills: ability to logically and systematically visualize and efficiently tackle tasks; understanding and mastery of tools and methods to effectively support the Strategy and M&A process
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to positively influence outcomes and ability to work across functions and levels of seniority
- Advanced fluency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
We’d Love to See:
- Experience in information services, financial services or digital industries preferred
Impact You'll Make:
- The Corporate Development Team is a high-performing, dynamic team responsible for leading TransUnion’s corporate global M&A activities and the development of the underlying long-term global strategy.
M&A and Strategy
- Lead analysis, financial projections, valuation modeling and select deal components for domestic and global M&A transactions for TransUnion
- Evaluate strategic fit of potential M&A targets, including market, customer, competitive and synergy analyses
- Lead cross-functional teams to complete due diligence and integration planning for strategic initiatives and/or M&A transactions
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with external advisors and potential M&A targets
- Negotiate M&A deal terms
- Build content to support a variety of Strategy and M&A process components, including
- Acquisition and strategic investment performance reporting
- Monthly CEO reports
- Board of Director meetings
- Corporate three-year-planning activities
- Competitive analysis briefs/reports
- Other high-visibility, high-stakes materials involving C-suite internal stakeholders
- Develop presentations and potentially present to the C-Suite level
- Support the development of advanced program initiatives and help guide their development into a final product or service that has impact within cross-functional teams
- Partner internally with senior management and consult externally with industry specialists
- Provide consultation on niche areas of the business that require in-depth analysis on multi-faceted dimensions
- Develop strategic insights based on market assessments grounded in primary and secondary research.
- Translate insights to inform buy/build/partner market-entry and market-expansion options.
- Execute in-depth analysis and make recommendations that may impact products, services, or processes.
- Conduct and synthesize primary customer research and secondary market and competitive research.
- Develop robust market sizing analysis with limited/ambiguous data.
People / Resource Management
- Direct and guide expert employees who exercise significant independence and autonomy in decision making
- Create operating policies and procedures that impact multiple disciplines and departments & develop guidelines, processes, and procedures to support the M&A process
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.