Director of Customer Engagement
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 software-enabled smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased at the fridge or using our mobile apps. We are based in the Fulton Market neighborhood and supported by $45 million in venture capital from prominent local and national firms, including leading technology investor Innovation Endeavors. We are building a world class team to drive fast growth and bring our wholesome, delicious foods to new markets and cities.
About the role:
As the Director of Customer Engagement, you will conceive, plan, test and scale activities across the customer lifecycle in order to convert trial traffic, maximize engagement, purchase frequency and overall lifetime value starting with their first fridge interaction. This includes managing multiple levers such as communications across all the customer experience (fridge, mobile app, website, SMS, and email); targeted incentives and loyalty programs; and working with peers in other departments to influence technology enhancements and data analysis.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Obsessed with the customer to understand their needs and drivers and ensure we consistently delight them
- Hypothesis and data driven in order to inform the development of new tactics and approach every change as an opportunity for learning and insights
- Comfortable with direct ownership and accountability for achieving KPIs and business results
- Strong communicator who collaborates well across the company, including with product, design, data science, other parts of consumer and executive leadership
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with execution of plans and bias for action
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment -- and excited to be a part of shaping who we become
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete onboarding: learn our mission and values, meet the team and set priorities
- Ground your understanding of customer needs and opportunities by digesting existing company research and dashboards
- Take over leadership of the publishing calendar and lifecycle marketing initiatives already in development
Within 3 months you will:
- Assume full ownership of developing activities for our customer engagement playbook
- Begin to show results and progress from initial experiments
- Align on customer experience technology roadmap with product and design
Within 6 months you will:
- Establish a customer engagement vision and strategy to focus on new initiatives and deliver great results
- Work with data science and finance to enhance reporting capabilities to monitor, manage and set targets for KPIs
Within 12 months you will:
- Demonstrate consistent ability to achieve business targets
- Surprise us by identifying new ways to help the consumer team and overall company
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.