Director of Customer Support
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a self-starter, roll-up-your-sleeves, passionate head of Customer Support with a team focus and data-driven approach to continuous process improvement. The ideal candidate is personable, confident communicating professionally, and adept at navigating the organization to solve problems. As the leader of Customer Support, you'll have the opportunity to build out your own processes, trainings, and grow the team here!
- Manage and grow an industry-leading team to deliver on customer satisfaction goals
- Own, drive, and track issue escalations to successful resolution
- Design, pull, and analyze trend reports and ticket reviews
- Implement customer feedback loops to measure and report NPS or other satisfaction metrics
- Clearly and concisely document internal and external Customer Support processes
- Identify, collect, and report Customer Support KPIs
- Write phone/email scripts and templates and coach team on usage
- Work with Engagement, Marketing, and Sales to facilitate communications on product releases, upgrades, and other important client notices
- As the Director of Customer Support serving the needs of our clients - you will be expected to monitor and respond, as needed, to any of the customer support ticketing and company wide messaging systems 24/7/365 days.
- 7+ years experience, preferably 3+ years with a SaaS customer support team; hardware support experience a plus
- Zendesk experience preferred; familiarity with web and database programming languages a plus
- Superior analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated success managing a team
- Unwavering commitment to a positive customer experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple service levels and support
- Leads by keeping clients and teammates informed
- Expert communicator and collaborator with a diversity of audiences including constituents, agency leads, and c-level executives
- Genuine curiosity to investigate root cause and track down a solution for every issue
- Advanced IT knowledge (including networking)
- High energy personality that contributes to a positive and healthy work environment
- Experience with remote support/technical support
- Clean background (free of past drug use and criminal history)
- Belief in the value of good customer service as a differentiator