Director of Facilities at PEAK6
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the Facilities team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work across all our different businesses to oversee the facilities strategy to make every office a great place to come to work and be productive.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Handling vendor relationships for facilities including office management, furniture, security, janitorial, and construction related
- Creating and executing a real estate strategy that enables the company to have adequate space for our employees in a work environment that is safe, productive, and fun.
- Leading process for identifying new properties that fit within company standard for both company culture and budget
- Running point on all lease negotiations working with both internal and external legal counsel
- Project Management for tenant improvement projects ensuring jobs are done on time and move-in can occur as expected
- Cost-effectively managing perks and amenities that have a big impact on retaining employees
- Interpreting and using data analytics to have informed decision making
- Leading negotiations and finalizing contracts with respect to leases, facility vendors, architects, outside legal counsel, real estate brokers, contractors and others as necessary
- Utilizing financial skills and acumen to make better business decisions, engage in negotiations, evaluate issues and propose solutions. (i.e. lease renewal vs. relocation vs. consolidation, etc.).
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 10+ years of Facilities management experience in an office environment
- Be able to travel 25% of time to other offices and potential future locations
- Experience in executing and developing projects and programs on schedule and on budget
- Negotiation experience in all kinds of real estate (especially leases) and facilities contracts
- Knowledge in building a team focused on customer service
- Ability to navigate and analyze information to clearly and quickly work through the key issues, problems and opportunities and relay complex information and ideas to teams for execution
- Excellent business judgment, problem-solving and decision-making abilities; proven ability to think outside of the box and innovate
- Fast moving, flexible, strategic thinker who has created and maintained real estate and facilities programs for a multi-city, multi-site region