Director - Innovation / Deployment Strategic Alignment
We are looking for a strong Director, Innovation / Deployment Strategic Alignment professional to work closely with our Sr. Director – Innovation Deployment Lead. As our Director you will have accountability to lead the day-to-day alignment of various innovation initiatives which are to be deployed across the global McDonald’s system. In this role you will partner with cross-functional team members from Operations, Technology, People, Communications, Finance, and a variety of other critical functions, as well as our major Segments and Markets. Along the way, you will help set the direction for the future of innovation and technology deployment at McDonald’s.
- Responsible for strategic alignment across various cross-functional teams who are tasked with bringing exciting innovations to our restaurants globally
- Provide direction and thought leadership teams as they work through an influx of complex problems, applying ‘first principles’ to help teams prioritize and drive to critical decisions, quickly
- Where necessary, provide project management support to these teams and to the overall innovation program on a regular basis
- Support collaboration and change management with global functions and Segments/Markets to ensure we have shared and coordinated objectives
- Develop executive-level communications on behalf of the team, including in advance of Global Senior Leadership Team, Board of Director meetings, and the Worldwide Convention
- In coordination with Finance partners, oversee innovation budget relevant to the teams you are working with on a day-to-day basis
- Help manage third parties (e.g., consultants) supporting our innovation teams
- Be an advocate for our people across all teams, including ensuring we are instilling the right culture and ways of working across the organization.
- You have experience developing and executing strategies, especially those which rely on technology
- You are willing and able to apply first principles thinking to a wide variety of problems and coach teams / individuals in this skill
- You have no issues with ambiguity, and skilled in bringing structure to ambiguous situations.
- You have a strong bias toward action
- Possess a keen ability and willingness to learn.
- Strong influencing skills, and are valuable teammate with the ability to bond and work together across lines of senior management and other staff as appropriate
- Effective communicator with ability to convey concepts and narratives to various levels of leadership
- You are an effective people leader and manager capable of leading and mentoring team
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve.
McDonald's is a people business just as much as it is a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
The Quick Service Industry requires quick thinking: our work culture is flexible and dynamic to ensure we are executing with pace and sharing our latest ideas. Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration and innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, grab a McCafe on any floor or utilize the latest technology to connect to your team around the globe. With an onsite café and our 8000 square foot gym (and a McDonald's, of course!), our office helps us connect with each other like never before.
We are moving fast and are adding to our world-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically enhanced the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.