Director, International Expansion
Purpose of this Role:
Director, International Expansion is a new leadership role reporting to the VP of International. This position will own the development and implementation of strategic plans to launch new markets (countries) and support the markets’ sustained growth following their launch. This role will have shared responsibility for all sales, marketing and consultant recruiting goals in the new markets. This role and will partner with home office functional teams to ensure the markets’ have the appropriate cross functional resources and support to enable their growth goals following the launch.
- Along with the Vice President of International set the international expansion roadmap and corresponding revenue targets for the next 5 years.
- Develop and implement the company's International business strategy and organizational structure to launch and sustain growth in various geographic regions including Europe and Asia.
- Direct and manage the international expansion project timeline. Set the project milestones and cross functional roles and responsibilities, identify the resource needs provided by the home office teams.
- Direct the international team and future regional management team to ensure operational consistency and best practices in driving revenue, customer and consultant satisfaction and operating margin growth.
- Manage the International marketing, product, operations and finance resources to increase market penetration and deliver profitable growth; partner with respective corporate functional leaders and coordinating with functional support teams.
- Drive teamwork and communication within direct areas of responsibilities to perform international markets related tasks. Serves an International voice-of-sale and voice-of-customer for setting company strategy and direction in collaboration with functional leaders.
- Analyze and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance in the international markets; present regular updates to senior leadership.
- Advise on and select external regional partners and serves as their key point of contact. Owns budgets and negotiations with external partners.
Measures of Success:
- Setting and delivering expansion project timeline and critical milestones
- Market revenue, consultant recruiting, and profitability goals at launch and steady state
- Coordinating with home office functional teams to secure the resources needed for launch and sustained growth following launch
- Partnering with regional teams to launch markets and sustain growth goals
Experience and Other Considerations:
- Experience driving international expansion for an established consumer brand (lived and/or worked abroad or involved in international expansion projects)
- Minimum of 10+ years of related commercial sales, marketing and/or customer care work experience
- Experience with consumer brands and E-Commerce, particularly in the Direct Sales channel is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Needs to be based in Chicago market with the ability to travel abroad and in some cases stay for an extended time; up to 20% international travel required.
- Fluent English required, any other languages a plus
What Makes Pampered Chef Unique :
We aren’t your typical company - we act like owners, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability. We want the best people who are passionate about driving results and continuing to get better. Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives. We’ve set a clear strategy for growth; we’re focused on driving our reinvention and capitalizing on the numerous opportunities for our existing brand and launching new products and new international markets . Our open floor plan and flat organization ensure that you will collaborate across teams and work closely with our leaders. Additionally, we have a unique blend of being a long-term focused, small, agile company backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.