Director / Manager Consumer Insights at Fetch Rewards
Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the role
Fetch Rewards is seeking a Director / Manager of Consumer Insights to represent the voice of the (current and potential) consumer in business decisions as Fetch Rewards extends itself to new audiences with new products and offerings.
In this role, you have two key areas of responsibility:
- Delivering strategic insights work that drives business impact
- Identifying and communicating the voice of the (current and potential) consumer to all levels of the organization
Your work will be critical to a number including marketing, product, and partner development. Your effort to drive holistic consumer and market understanding will require you to partner deeply with our product team and maintain knowledge of a wide range of methodologies.
You are forward-thinking about the strategic role of insights in identifying business opportunities and driving business results, and are unwavering in your belief in the power of consumer insights. You champion the Fetch Rewards consumer at every possible moment.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Drive the insights strategy and agenda for the company, defining our Consumer Insights function into a core competency that identifies discernable audiences, desires, and needs; enables business stakeholders to readily understand key takeaways; and act on strategic opportunities
- Deliver a cohesive and clearly communicated view of our current and potential customer base including needs, wants, shopping habits, perceptions, journey maps, and customer segmentation - and how market trends will impact these areas.
- Author know-able consumer “profiles” or avatars, so every employee at Fetch Rewards feels that they know and can empathize with different consumers.
- Lead social listening onboarding and insight dissemination throughout the company
- Be willing to test new methodologies and constantly iterate to test assumptions. Watch data in real-time and work with external partners to manage data streams and reports used company-wide.
- Knit together qualitative and quantitative data points to create a holistic understanding of customers and larger trends.
- Build effective cross-functional relationships with product, business intelligence, marketing, and partner development teams. Be comfortable presenting to large groups and senior management.
- Actively support senior management and internal teams with exercises (conversations, day-in-the-life, etc) to better understand Fetch Rewards customers.
- Efficiently manage relationships with external vendors, vetting success metrics and reasonable costs.
- 5+ years of strategic insights experience, including hands-on experience in a number of methodologies
- Proven impact of insights on business strategy and results across multiple functions with stakeholders as active partners
- You're pragmatic, analytical and creative; you see connections between your work holistically across the business and find creative ways of approaching problems. You understand both the art and science of Consumer Insights and crave the big data to pair with the sticky anecdotes to unlock the a-ha moments.
- Able to quickly establish credibility across all levels of the organization, impact decisions through formal and informal influence, and create alignment between teams
- Passionate about digging deep into the customer point of view to find the most important insights and represent them clearly and succinctly
- Deep empathy for all types of consumers and their shopping journeys and challenges