Director of Operations at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking for a Director of Operations who will have responsibility for scaling operations within our clinical testing business. This role requires ongoing collaboration with different functional groups (e.g., Lab Operations, Clinical Science, Medical Affairs, Sales, Customer Success, Product & Engineering); an ideal candidate will have experience working with stakeholders and subject matter experts with diverse perspectives and expertise to drive key initiatives forward.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and manage complex, cross-functional execution of key strategic projects within testing operations, and see them through to completion with internal and external stakeholders
- Design and/or restructure operating models, organizational structures, and service delivery models
- Identify growth and optimization opportunities and design execution roadmaps
- Ensure progress and alignment of efforts across different teams, identify and resolve bottlenecks
- Partner with Product & Engineering on development of product features
- Accountable for maintenance and improvement of department KPIs
- Master's degree in an analytical or healthcare related field, MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of operating experience including scaling teams, leading business units and a track record of exceeding KPIs
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Curiosity to learn