Director, Productivity (Operations Excellence)
Director, Productivity (Operations Excellence)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners (WMP) has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned leader to join our Operations Excellence practice focused on Productivity and process-related cost takeout consulting. This role will clients identify and prioritize productivity and process efficiency opportunities with a goal of increased bandwidth of key roles or for cost cutting/avoidance. This individual will help develo p and apply new and proven methods to help clients in this area and to provide thought leadership in the market. This leader will be responsible for key client account ownership, scoping, selling, and acting as the engagement lead for large scale planning and execution efforts including productivity assessments, identification and scoping of recommendations in areas such as process optimization, process automation, capability development and/or work design. In addition, this leader will help to mature these offerings and play a leadership role within our Operations Excellence practice.
Directors within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
* Lead teams serving clients across industries while demonstrating executive presence with high level client counterparts
* Interface with all levels of business and technology leadership both internally and at client sites
* Work with program and project leadership to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
* Facilitate client workshops focused on project initiation and executive steering meetings
* Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
* Ensure proper management of project economics including:
- Project budgets, invoicing, and the collection process
- Mentor and manage teams of technical and business consultants and QA the plans and work done by the team
- Quickly respond to client requests while also driving the project to completion
* Collaborate with local office OE and other practice leadership to ensure alignment with the office culture, define the strategic direction of the Productivity team, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities to expand offerings and the skills of the team
* Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
* Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
* Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
* Assist in developing productivity and process-related cost takeout methods and tools
* Hunt new strategic clients – using relationships and other proven business development skills
* Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
* Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
* Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Minimum of 15-18 years participating in team-based, client-facing business and technology consulting services
* Minimum of 10 years of managing complex Process & Productivity projects and people
* Must have led a relevant consulting group or practice, such as Process Optimization/Automation
* 10+ years’ experience managing teams of technical and functional; as well as prior hands-on experience with offerings such as process optimization (Lean Six Sigma, Value Stream Analysis), process automation (RPA), work design, or capability development/organization alignment.
* Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
* Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
* Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
* Strong business development and an active professional network of contacts in the local market
* Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
* Industry expertise in Financial Services and Manufacturing & Distribution is ideal but not required
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and in-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and software development life cycles
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
* Bachelor’s degree
* Ability to travel a minimum of 50%+ is required
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.