Director, Workplace Management at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here!Job Description
We are looking for an experienced, innovative corporate real estate and facilities management professional to help us take the employee experience at MHQ to the next level. In this role, the director will be responsible for our US corporate real estate strategy and provide oversight for facilities management in our headquarters and greater Chicagoland area offices.
· Provide strategic direction for McDonald’s workplace experience.
· Responsible for McDonald’s US-based non-restaurant real estate portfolio including acquisition, leasing, disposition, and renovation.
· Lead the outsourced organization that is responsible for CRE, transactions, project management, operations, maintenance, occupancy planning, A/V and sourcing.
· Oversee the day-to-day building operations for our headquarters as well as the local offices; provide guidance to Field Offices on CRE and facilities management issues.
· Oversee project work at McDonald’s headquarters and local offices.
· Work with headquarters building owner to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
· Oversee and provide strategic direction for McDonald’s Smart Building Program.
· Prepare and monitor capital and G&A operating budgets for all areas of responsibility.
· Develop, document and implement processes that will ensure the consistent implementation of all capital and workplace projects.
· Identify, evaluate and implement workplace initiatives, technologies and amenities that will enhance the employee experience for McDonald’s employees.
· Degree in architecture, business administration or finance.
· Minimum of 6 years in Corporate Real Estate, facilities management or related fields.
· Experience with real estate transactions, facilities and vendor management.
· Experience leading people and teams.
· Experience managing projects and corresponding capital and G&A budgets.Qualifications
· Positive and inspiring people-leader.
· Agility; ability to adapt to changing workplace demands.
· Champion of sustainability and inclusivity.Additional Information
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.