Executive Assistant at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:29 p.m. (CST) on Friday, April 24, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Our team is experiencing tremendous growth and is in search of an Executive Assistant to be the right hand to our Chief People Officer and other Executives as assigned. This role is critical to keeping her punctual, organized, efficient, productive, and informed. The Executive Assistant is confident, organized, technically savvy, detail-oriented, and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and initiative to get things done and anticipate and solve problems. The ideal candidate will also bring a strong sense of client service and is gracious and collaborative with colleagues while maintaining an environment of confidentiality. The role requires business judgment and the motivation to help others and manage change. This individual will assume responsibility for a wide variety of administrative functions and special projects while frequently interacting with all levels including executives, employees, candidates, and colleagues.
- Manage Executive calendars including the scheduling of meetings, conference calls, virtual interviews, appointments, and travel. Ensure the background materials for appointments and meetings are prepared and available timely
- Handle a high volume of confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and maintain discretion and the confidentiality of all information
- Lead event planning for Chief People Officer-hosted functions, including presentation coordination and scheduling, effective room setup design, technology tested and working, logistics planning, attendee list management, and on-site oversight
- Perform administrative work including organizing and managing files (electronic and paper), scheduling meetings and preparing agendas, designing and updating spreadsheets and presentations, managing and tracking the HR budget, setting up document management systems, managing vendor processes, managing mail, facilities support, and personal assistant requests
- Ability to produce highest quality work product and effectively review others’ work for accuracy
- Complete projects by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and adjusting plans
- Work independently on daily responsibilities while juggling changing priorities
- Develop strong working relationships with all levels and locations of the organization
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including booking flights, transportation, lodging, and proactively manage changes as they arise including after hours if needed
- Work effectively and collaboratively with others on the People Team
- Minimum 5 years’ Executive Assistant experience, preferably at the C-suite level or comparable role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consistently adds value through proactive support of the Chief People Officer and assigned Executives
- Previous experience handling highly confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook); experience with Expensify or an expense management system a plus.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong business judgment, highly organized, resourceful, high standards
- Learns quickly and applies knowledge to systems and processes to improve efficiency
- Ability to anticipate needs, find alternative solutions and be proactive in achieving desired outcomes
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently and with teams
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding and fast-paced environment, including extended hours when needed
- Understands and complies with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description