Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities.
About the role
Made up of production, instructional design, faculty engagement, and quality assurance, the Learning Design team inspires, engages, and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative online courses for our University partners.
The Faculty Engagement Specialist effectively responds to faculty requests for support and creates impactful learning resources and thought leadership content, empowering faculty to confidently leverage technologies and best practices to teach students online.
This position reports to the Director of Learning Design and is located in Chicago, IL. Due to Covid 19, the position will temporarily be remote through March 31st, 2021 (subject to change).
The ideal candidate
- Has demonstrated success communicating effectively with university faculty
- Has a demonstrated track record of providing remote support on software or web-based platforms
- Is an excellent and patient communicator, comfortable communicating with university professors
- Is a natural collaborator, but has the ability to work independently
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a high work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Is professionally confident, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing a great thing
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Serve as primary teaching support for online faculty by responding to faculty requests for help via phone, email, or other virtual means
- Remain consistently available during work hours to support faculty, and available to monitor for urgent support on weekends and evenings
- Create and maintain faculty guides and support materials, such as job aids, videos, tutorials, or infographics, according to the guidance of the Director of Learning Design
- Draft, manage, and distribute mass communications sent to large groups of partner faculty, under the guidance of the Director of Learning Design
- Assist with course revisions and edits by assisting faculty with questions about the learning management system
- Create and distribute reports on instructor activity within the learning management system for select partners
- Collaborate with multiple departments – including Learning Design, Student Services, and Academic Operations – to ensure continuity of support and training
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to travel occasionally upon request
- 1-3 years’ experience in faculty development, educational technology, instructional design or online student/faculty support
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred, especially in communications, education, psychology, or related area
- Experience with online learning management systems required; experience using the Canvas learning management system preferred
- Demonstrated excellence developing content for online platforms
- Familiarity with content creation tools such as Camtasia, Audacity, or Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Demonstrated ability in consultative or technical support
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.