Genetic Counselor at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Genetic Counselor to support the clinical genetics needs of the company. Chicago-based preferred.
- Provide clinical support services for germline testing, including review of orders for appropriateness, provider outreach, and results review
- Answer provider clinical inquiries as they pertain to germline results
- Provide support to the Clinical Science team, including germline classification training and variant review
- Assist with new test development and refinement of current assays
- Aid in the development of marketing and educational materials pertaining to genetic testing
- Collaborate with and provide clinical support to cross-functional teams, including Medical Affairs, Sales, Pathology, and others
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with clarity
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with competing projects and deadlines
- Ability to travel (<20%)
- MS in Genetic Counseling preferred
- Board certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (or the American Board of Medical Genetics)
- 3+ years of experience in clinical genetics and/or diagnostic laboratory
- Experience with oncology preferred