GIS Product Manager at Locusview (Chicago, IL)
Locusview is a global growth stage SaaS startup in the digital construction management space that enables infrastructure organizations to scale execution and optimize their capital investments. Our platform leverages mobile, web, and hardware technologies to create guided workflows in the field and back offices to optimize safety and efficiency at all stages of long-cycle work from planning to execution and close-out.
We're looking for a GIS Product Manager to support our company and product’s continued growth and help take us to the next level. In this role the GIS Product Manager will leverage their experience in the GIS industry to develop product needs and value proposition for strategic growth in the GIS market. They will work closely with the Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Account Management teams throughout many facets of the business including the sales process, marketing and messaging, gathering client feedback, and defining product recommendations and strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Help define product requirements for the GIS integrations product within Locusview’s digital construction management platform
- Work with the Sales/BD and Product teams to prioritize product development requirements
- Work with Product and Product Marketing teams to produce engaging and informative material for internal and external audiences on new and future product capabilities
- Work with GIS vendors to understand their technology stack and evaluate how it relates to our product offerings, our customers’ needs and the growth of Locusview
- Actively measure and communicate industry trends and technologies and consult product managers and technical teams on impacts and opportunities
- Assist in managing partner relationships with outside vendors and technology providers
- Participate in sales cycle assisting with pre-sales strategy, presentations and demonstrations
- Participate in development of messaging and positioning material
- Evangelize Locusview solutions in the market with public speaking, industry association membership, white papers, etc.
- 8+ years experience in GIS industry
- 5+ years managing or working with GIS teams within a utility is a plus
- Experience as a Product Manager is a plus
- Knowledge in Utility GIS Workflows
- Experience with leading GIS technologies (Esri, Smallworld, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Esri’s Utility Network
- Prior experience working with Esri's Utility Network - a plus
- Graphic Work Design tools (AutoCAD/AUD, Schneider, etc.)
- Experience with integration implementation principals
- Familiarity with the utility IT technology stack supporting the Design>Construction>Close-Out workflow including GWD, WMS, MWFM, GIS, EAM
- Dynamic, self-motivated, creative thinker with an appreciation of corporate goals
- Articulate, confident, self-aware, and personable character
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Willingness for up to ~25% travel (post-COVID)
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Short term, long term, and life Insurance
- 401K/Roth options
- Monthly phone allowance
- Work From Home stipend
- Stock equity options after 90 days
- 15 days PTO
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office space with free breakfast, snacks, and gym access.
Locusview is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.