Global Training & Change Management Manager
The Team: Morningstar’s Global Finance Transformation Program (GFTP) team is looking for a Global Training and Change Management Manager. The Global Finance Transformation Program is part of Morningstar’s Finance and Accounting Department. In 2014, the GFTP was created to establish a formal project management function, framework and governance structure to ensure coordination between the significant and complex projects of the finance organization. We assist with project management activities, facilitate project prioritization, coordinate project resources and communicate project status to senior management. The current program is comprised of five work streams covering disciplines related to Quote-to-Cash, Procurement, Global Shared Services, Enhanced Business Partnering and Oracle R12; however, we expect the GFTP to evolve with the changing needs of the Finance team.
The Role: This position will provide you with the opportunity to facilitate training and change management activities of both ongoing business processes and system usage as well contribute to change management programs for future projects. You will develop training programs for finance and accounting team members. You will act as a liaison between Corporate Systems resources and the business to communicate system enhancements and will work with the appropriate stakeholders to communicate the changes and provide training. As part of the GFTP team, this position will also be required to manage small to moderate sized projects as the need arises. As a PM, you will work closely with the stakeholders to understand requirements, define a project plan and monitor progress against project milestones. While this position is located in our Chicago office, you will have global exposure and be required to communicate effectively and frequently with team members in other regions. This position reports to the Director of Global Finance Transformation. Some travel may be required.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of the financial systems, related business processes; and interfaces between systems.
- Provide training using a variety of delivery methods including web-based and on-site training.
- Participate in training on any new platform implementation aligning courses with the system’s implementation schedule and specific needs of the targeted audiences.
- Develop & maintain high-quality training tools, processes, and templates to deliver content that will be impactful for finance employees.
- Develop training that will be relevant for global employees, considering variability in team sizes, local practices, and familiarity with differing languages.
- Develop training that will allow the business to perform key functions with minimal interruption
- Strive for relevancy and sustainability of the training content by using business context, business review cycles, and real-life examples.
- Assist in troubleshooting user issues and assess commonality of issues to identify opportunities to address gaps in business process documentation or other training materials.
- Develop working relationship with Corporate Systems & local finance teams to facilitate problem solving and collaborative knowledge of use of the Oracle platform and other finance applications such as Salesforce and Coupa.
- Alert staff of changes to the platform that may affect their data entry and reporting.
- Provide pro-active training on new features or reports developed by the Corporate Systems Team so local teams know what, why and how a new feature or report has been developed. Coordinate with process owners to ensure relevant process or training documentation is updated accordingly.
- Relay suggestions or needs of the users to Corporate Systems team & relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a high degree of skill in communication and positive interaction with all employees.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to create a detailed project plan, understand requirements, define project scope, and monitor progress against milestones.
- Performs other tasks & responsibilities that may be requested from time to time.
- 5-7 Year relevant business and systems experience with an undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Experience with various financial software platforms such as Oracle (specifically modules such as Service Contracts, Accounts Receivables, Cash Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable and/or Fixed Assets), Coupa, Salesforce.com, Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle PBCS (Planning Budgeting Cloud) is a plus
- Ability to become familiar with and retain knowledge of software system navigation
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills with the ability to communicate professionally by phone and email and instruct individuals/groups for several hours as required.
- Excellent motivator and coach with a goal to cultivate positive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to exercise patience as a trainer with trainees possessing varying degree of computer knowledge/system skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in non-technical terms
- Ability to anticipate areas of difficulty and/or questions and quickly adapt training to meet the needs of students
- Ability to prioritize and group subject matter
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.