Head of Food Safety and Quality Assurance at Home Chef
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:24 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
While most of us continue to work remotely, our newly renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office is open for voluntary return to work. Our organization is closely following the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and will share updates on our 2022 return to the office plan as soon as any decisions are made.
The Head of FSQA leads the food safety and quality assurance functions for Home Chef. Responsible for overseeing supplier quality, compliance, program management, and the three site teams, this leader is a key member of the operations leadership team.
- Hiring and performance management of immediate direct reports
- Coaching direct reports, and working with HR on people management at lower levels of team
- Maintaining morale through team events, communication, and development opportunities
- Cultivating a supportive, collaborative culture throughout the team, creating a best-in-class experience for all team members from associate to senior leadership
- Working with the team to establish goals and priorities for each function
- Communication of goals and priorities throughout wider FSQA team
- Holding team accountable to achieving goals within set timelines, and maintaining focus on the most important work
- Provide food safety input and expertise to the organization, both proactively and in response to requests from the business, seeking external expertise where necessary
- Develop strong working relationships at each fulfillment center with both food safety teams and key operations leadership
- Work with data and customer support teams to ensure data accuracy
- Work with tech team as key stakeholder in developing or identifying and implementing new technology to support food safety activities and data collection
- Maintain strong lines of communication with Kroger’s food safety team, finding opportunities to harness expertise and share learnings
- Act as final escalation point for food safety decisions, including recall management, with support of COO
- Provide input and guidance on project work of Supplier Quality and FSQA Program Management teams
- Where necessary, get more involved with high priority projects to ensure success
- 4+ years management experience
- 10+ years in FSQA roles, ideally with experience working with produce and protein
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and cross-functional collaboration with business partners such as new product development and fulfillment
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions in situations of ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy across a department
- Must be available to respond to work related inquiries nights and weekends
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves - and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant notice click here