Incident Response Manager at ActiveCampaign
What Your Day Could Consist Of
- Manage the incident response process from reporting to resolution, including acting as the single point of contact for all internal communication to stakeholders such as Engineering and Product, Customer Success, Marketing, and the Executive teams.
- Support engineers as they respond to incidents, manage escalations, and ensure the correct responders are on the case.
- Coordinate the post-incident review, analyse incidents for trends, and track follow-up work to ensure correct monitoring and automated alerting is in place and ensure incident recurrence does not occur.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships with Technical Support, Customer Success, Marketing, and Engineering to improve incident communication and escalation processes.
- Manage the release of ActiveCampaign products and services and monitor release health for incident development, and coordinate with engineers for unplanned releases.
- Communicate updates on the prior week’s releases and planned changes for the upcoming week.
- Seek out release, change, and incident-related process inefficiencies and develop creative solutions for improvement.
- Drive the development and adoption of SLOs and SLIs, and ensure every incident has an associated SLO/SLI, or includes development of one within the follow-up work.
What Is Needed
- Schedule flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Familiarity with SaaS and hosted products.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Tools - Jira, OpsGenie, StatusPage & Confluence.
- Familiarity with release management in Scaled Agile, Scrum and Kanban setting.
- High level of emotional intelligence, empathy, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike.
- Ability to handle and perform in stressful situations.
- An eye for detail and a desire to improve processes.
- Ability to parse the technical for a non-technical audience.
- Collaborative mindset for a cross-functional environment.
- Availability for on-call rotations and off-hours as needed.
- Experience with monitoring and performance monitoring tools.
Nice To Have
- Working experience with SaaS and hosted products.
- Working experience with product engineering, Security and Reliability Engineering teams, and client-facing teams.
- Working Experience of working with AWS or Other Public hosted applications.
- Familiarity with Git, Gitflow, and CI/CD.
- Experience with Gitlab.