Lead Digital Customer Experience Strategy at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Join an innovative and dynamic digital team that strives to create an exceptional Deposits digital servicing experience in a meaningful and measurable way. This strategic role identifies opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and reduce complaints within a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment by using data, analytics, research, voice of the customer feedback, usability findings and technology systems to unlock value for customers and the company.
Supports key Marketing and Customer Service priorities through the delivery of digital, self-servicing strategies that drive business value, build loyalty and engagement, and minimize risk. Utilizes both qualitative and quantitative data to analyze the current digital experiences, identify and address points of customer frustration, and synthesize insights into actionable recommendations. Partners with business stakeholders to assess and improve opportunities within known pain points, missed customer expectations, and gaps to competitors. Supports the continued expansion of customer insight tools and research methods to understand data trends, identify root causes, and develop recommendations. Develops customer experience, system tools, risk controls and key performance metrics while also maintaining focus on continuous improvement and process automation.
- Utilizes an array of VoC tools (customer surveys, complaints, web analytics, servicing call data, competitive benchmarking, etc.) to identify actionable insights for future customer centric enhancements
- Monitors day-to-day digital experience and platform health from the VoC perspective to quickly pinpoint and triage existing customer pain points.
- Leads the delivery of strategic Voice of Customer (VoC) projects and continuous improvement initiatives to support business goals.
- Collects and triages feedback, complaints, and defects from multiple sources.
- Researches and categorizes issues. Engages the appropriate teams to achieve resolution. Establishes measures for online help effectiveness and drives improvements.
- Reviews web and mobile platforms looking for opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Analyzes current digital experiences to identify and address points of customer friction or frustration, as well as structuring problems, driving information gathering and synthesizing insights into actionable recommendations
- Supports the Digital First roadmap through recommendations and prioritization based off on customer insights and business cases
- Monitors performance of existing business processes with respect to operational efficiency, customer experience, service delivery, and compliance.
- Supports problem management for the digital channel, performing root cause analysis, identifying actions to fix the issues, ensuring appropriate controls / preventative measures are implemented, and providing documentation updates in ServiceNow.
- Escalates issues appropriately for timely resolution to maintain each problem service level agreements
- Identifies ways to leverage data and information to drive insights and understand customer experiences.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration/Management, or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in Customer Service, Financial Services, Operations Strategy/Execution, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Customer Service, Financial Services, Operations Strategy/Execution, or related field
- Digital banking or financial services experience preferred
- Enthusiasm for customer experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment of constant change
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, think strategically, solve problems, make decisions and be proactive
- Ability to manage a range of projects and responsibilities simultaneously with strict deadlines
- Experience with customer-related software (i.e., Tealeaf, Glassbox, InMoment, OpinionLab, eGain)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.