The Manager, International Markets will help grow Pampered Chef’s global business by working with teams to develop commercial plans (Energy Map) and build go-to-market strategies across all areas of the business to support existing international markets. This person will also help launch new countries as part of the company’s international expansion efforts. A member of the international growth team, this person is a dedicated voice of the region at the company’s global headquarters to support in-market planning to meet global needs.
The ideal person for this role is cross-disciplined in sales, marketing, product and operations, and is responsible for securing corporate resources to deliver against business objectives, strategies and tactics. This will be a cross-functional team member, working with business partners to integrate global planning and execution into the day-to-day operations of Home Office. The person will also manage a small team who is also supporting our new and existing markets internationally. This role reports to the Director of Field Success & International Expansion.
- Supports growth on new and existing international markets by aligning with planning and execution form Home Office global.
- Serves as an interface between the local market and corporate representing market needs while also appreciating the compromises necessary to align with global programs in areas such as product development, field support, technology roadmaps, and more.
- Attends all product gate meetings, Energy Map meetings, and other regular global discussions to partner with local GMs to build roadmaps.
- Works with in-market business partners on new country launch strategies, ensuring resources from Home Office are secured in order to meet objectives and deadlines. Helps deliver on new market entry strategy.
- Defines global planning and execution needs across the business to support international markets.
- Understands company performance across all markets.
- Works on international go-to-market planning to build global plans into seasonal launches, representing needs of global business development teams.
- Supports in-market and Home Office translations needs for new and existing markets.
- Works with sourcing on inventory and forecasting requirements to hit their projected sales targets.
- Works with Home Office technology and field teams on scaling and launching improved tools for consultants internationally.
- Collaborates with corporate Field Development and Sales team on global activation strategies and alignment across countries (Global Energy Map).
- Helps drive the institutionalization, globalization, performance assessment of the Global Energy Map.
- Develops overall global operating procedures centered on Global Energy Map activities that are captured in-market, or at Home Office.
- Supports other needs for new market launches aligned to the objectives of the new market playbook, which includes but isn’t limited to field strategy, finance, product portfolio planning, technology support, sales activation, and more.
- Supports other responsibilities of team members who are planning and executing international work.
- Communicates effectively
- Decision quality
- Directs work
- Global perspective
- Manages ambiguity
- Key KPIs you’ll be responsible for achieving include Global Revenue/Consultant, Global Selling Consultants, Global Recruits, and Expansion Targets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Five to seven years of experience in marketing, product management or operations (or related field), with at least three at a manager level, supporting global business growth
- Experience in a project management role working cross-functionally to deliver results, preferably to support international business needs
- Proven track record of being able to take on problems and build solutions quickly
- Ability to work with internal and external teams to manage large-scale projects
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage and maintain multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and deliver results
- Ability to influence and manage cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives
- Ability to make decisions quickly, take initiative, and see things through to completion
- Ability to adapt and work in a progressive, dynamic and evolving environment
- Strong relationship-builders who can collaborate effectively with colleagues and business partners
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong leader, but willing to roll up sleeves to accomplish objectives
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions
- CPG and/or kitchen products/services industry experience preferred
- Direct sales industry experience a plus