Are you passionate about using technology to improve the lives of patients?
Are you passionate about building a laboratory that changes the way infectious diseases are detected and treated over the coming decade?
With the advent of molecular testing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how molecular data is used in clinical settings.
Moreover, we are leveraging technology and data to fight against COVID-19 and to build a system to ensure that future pandemics can be detected and treated faster, more effectively and with better use of data. We are looking for the best and brightest to help us build this new paradigm in infectious disease treatment.
What you’ll do:
- Lead team of buyers in efficiently procuring products for all lab locations
- Collaborate with lab end users on alternative solutions and products and approving them for use as necessary
- Leverage reliable vendor forecasts to place blanket purchase orders at better prices
- Create best practices for purchase order placement including introduction of vendor-specific processes
- Facilitate quarterly business review meetings with key vendors
- Actively seek cost savings opportunities across all basic consumables
- Accelerate cost reduction opportunities on aging reagent technology still in use by pushing for updated supply agreements & quotes in line with market trends
- Drive efficiencies for purchasing master data through use of NetSuite reporting and saved search functionality, such as quote expirations, cost savings opportunities, and backup item functionality
- Assist with creation of supplier metrics dashboard in Google Sheets / Tableau
- Work with supplier quality team as necessary to provide metrics information or notify of supplier performance issues or product changes
- Master knowledge of purchasing controls for Tempus’ Quality Management System and maintain documentation accordingly
- Mitigate risk on supply through strong understanding of alternate vendors, items, etc.
- Help in developing lead time matrix and auditing for all inventory items
- Strategize to develop core vendor base and recommended vendors for lab end users
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, operations or related fields
- At least 5-8 years experience in supply chain, operations, purchasing or related fields
- At least 1-3 years in leadership or senior level role within team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel / Google Sheets skills with ability to quickly learn new tools and systems
- Ability to work independently and coordinate information from several departments
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Impeccable organizational skills, integrity and attention to detail
- Experience working in an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite
- Experience with Tableau / other BI systems
- APICS, lean, six-sigma certification(s) are a plus