PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the Facilities team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm and our employees/guest experience by helping to manage the day to day upkeep of our office space with a positive attitude and resourceful, ego-free team.
We pride ourselves on our relentless attention to detail and place an immense value on day-to-day management of our space and resources. There is no storage closet too far and no drawer too deep to escape regular cleaning and organization!
Our team is scrappy, dedicated and works hard to main high standards, while maintaining our ability to stay cool under pressure and roll with the punches.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the daily office upkeep – maintaining drawers, cabinets, shelving, coffee bar, supply areas, and conference rooms - to help curate an outstanding employee and guest experience.
- Ensuring that the Facilities team resources are leveraged and deployed in an effective and productive manner to accomplish all necessary office upkeep tasks.
- Ensuring equipment such as coffee machines, water dispensers, ice makers, refrigerators, microwaves, kitchen tools and utensils are clean and maintained in good working order
- Conducting daily inspections of all spaces to identify service issues or repairs required
- Providing daily part-time back up to Receptionist and Facilities Associate; full-time back up required during PTO
- Managing our kitchen and snack program – regularly researching new options and ensuring that we are offering the most diverse, cost-effective options to employees
- Managing monthly lunches and weekly breakfast orders
- Handling day to day issues with the building – report issues, coordinate work, and monitor progress of small repairs to completion (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Building and maintaining relationships with building staff; attend building meetings as needed
- Researching price and order groceries, coffee, paper products, office supplies and miscellaneous inventory as needed
- Taking an active role in controlling expenses and inventory; treat company funds as your own
- Assisting with monitoring and assessing vendor performance, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contracts and to our standards
- Maintaining life safety policy and coordinate yearly fire drills and other applicable trainings
- Working with HR and Facilities teams to assist with the employee onboarding and termination processes
- Maintaining compliance with office policies (guests, conference rooms, furniture in shared spaces, personal item storage, etc.)
- Assisting with planning and execution of employee seating and moves with Desktop Support team
- Supervising furniture and equipment moves
- Maintaining furniture inventory and storage rooms
- Tracking art inventory + locations; assist with maintenance and movement of pieces
- Managing special event setups/breakdowns and execution, equipment requests, or room layouts as needed
- Developing working knowledge of A/V equipment to help troubleshoot time-sensitive issues during meetings
- Serving as point person for maintenance visits, office construction projects, site surveys, etc. as needed by Facilities Manager
- Developing detailed understanding of office layout and employee names + locations
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- College Degree - preferred not required.
- 3+ years office management experience required; previous Facilities experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- The ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for extended periods of time, and lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- The willingness to be hands-on and do whatever is required to get the job done
- A high degree of integrity in handling confidential information
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to think quickly and creatively to solve problems.
- Strong communication skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Impeccable attention to detail and operate with a high degree of accuracy. In other words, you are a bit of perfectionist!
- The ability to navigate ambiguity in a rapidly changing and sometimes intense environment.
- The desire to proactively identify and resolve issues with unique solutions.