Operations Analyst at Morningstar
The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management (“MIM”) group consists of our investment advice, multi asset investment portfolios and sub-advisory investment products businesses. Through our registered investment advisor subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, risk management and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients. Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
The Role: The Investment Management group seeks an Operations Analyst. As an operations team lead you will be responsible for executing operations work across the organization, with a focus on creating a highly collaborative culture of accountability, accuracy, efficiency, measurement, and transparency. As a team member, you will work with the team Manager to coordinate and oversee team projects, workflow maintenance and development, and training and development initiatives. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Support and execute operations processes in support of the Morningstar Managed Portfolios (SM) service and Global Operations initiative including:
- Account Maintenance
- Monthly and Quarterly Production
- Account Statements
- Asset Reporting
- Workflow Implementation and Improvement
- Drive process automation through robotic process automation (RPA)
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Collaborate with team Manager on strategic initiatives, team roadmap and business planning, and innovative ideas for service delivery and standards
- Collaborate with and coordinate work across other functional areas in Investment Management
- Maintain exemplary working relationships with custodians, vendor partners, home offices, and advisors
- 1+ years’ experience in investment operations roles, Custodian and TAMP subject matter expertise is a plus
- A self-starter with excellent leadership, communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills along with excellent attention to detail and accuracy; the highest ethical standards are expected in this role
- Ability to pull back from daily tasks to assess processes and workflows and identify areas of improvement
- Experience with LEAN principles and business process diagramming standards.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus
- FINRA Series 65 or Series 99 qualifications are considered a plus
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity