Operations Manager- Transaction Services and Custodian Liaison at Morningstar
The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, and retirement-solutions businesses. Through our investment advisory subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Investment Management group seeks an Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day management of Transaction Service and Custodian partners supporting the Morningstar Managed Portfolios Turnkey Asset Management Platform. As a senior member of our operations team, you will be responsible for executing across the organization with a focus on creating a highly collaborative culture of accountability, accuracy, efficiency, and transparency. The Operations manager will oversee transactional processing completed by the processing teams and oversee processing completed by custodian partners. The manager would be the key liaison between Morningstar and custodian partners and would establish a risk and control structure to monitor custodian processes and SLAs as well a play a role in custodian integrations and product roadmap. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Demonstrate a superior level of industry/product knowledge of managed portfolio business, custodian and advisor workflows.
- Own and liaise on custodian relationships through the lens of an advisor advocate.
- Design and implement a risk and control structure through streamlined workflows.
- Support and execute operations processes: Client-directed transactions including distributions from managed accounts; Handling escalated funding and distribution requests and ensuring proper and expedited resolutions; Collaborate with custodian partners to maintain processing SLAs; Collaborate on strategic initiatives, product roadmap, and innovative ideas to enhance service delivery and standards.
- Maintain exemplary working relationships with custodians, vendor partners, and internal stakeholders.
- 8-10 years' experience in investment operations roles, Custodian and TAMP subject matter expertise is a plus
- A self-starter with excellent leadership, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills along with big picture focus ; the highest ethical standards are expected in this role
- Ability to communicate to senior leaders internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Maintains an execution focus while looking for process improvements
- A bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity