Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Operations Rotational Associate is responsible for supporting project work and day-to-day administrative responsibilities on teams in the operations department. The Associate will spend 3-6 months embedded in a department per rotation, including at least 3 months spent at a production facility in Chicago, California or Atlanta. Departments include fulfillment, logistics, customer support, food safety, and operations excellence.
This program is designed to give participants wide exposure to the operations department’s different functions. Successful program participants will graduate to a permanent Analyst or Associate position after 18 months.
You will be required to work in our production facilities on an as needed and/or project based need. Because of the pandemic it will likely be at our Chicago based facility.
Project Support Work:
- Supporting ongoing, high priority projects, overseen by permanent member of the team
- Duties could include analysis, project coordination, cross-functional communication, and any other administrative tasks required to successfully execute project
- Examples of projects could include: coordinating preparation for food safety audits; analyzing impact of new logistics network; creating tools for and tracking implementation of work with 3rd parties
Support team, or take on full role in operations department:
- Some rotations may require the participant to step into the shoes of a permanent team member or support multiple members of a department
- Examples of roles could include logistics coordination, creating training materials, and vetting new suppliers
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field: Business, operations, food science, or economics preferred
- Strong prioritization, organization, time management, attention to detail, and administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills preferred
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to take on any task and work with any department, as well as spend time at production facilities
- 0+ years of work experience, preferably in operations, business, or food-related field
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer