Payment Processing Analyst at CityBase (Chicago, IL)
CityBase is a government technology company that transforms the way cities connect and do business with constituents. CityBase works with local governments, agencies, and utilities to integrate payment functionality, business processes, and communications onto a central, cloud-based platform that consumers can access through the web, mobile, kiosk, or point-of-sale.
As a Payment Processing Analyst, you will be responsible for successfully onboarding and supporting our clients to ensure their payment activities are working correctly and consistently. This includes onboarding clients with our payment processors, completing daily reconciliation tasks and troubleshooting issues that arise with our Live clients and working cross functionally to get those issues. This is a critical role to our success as we pride ourselves on making payments simple and reliable for our clients.
You are a good fit for this role if you like solving nuanced math problems, pride yourself in providing good customer service and want to learn more about payments and technology. You should feel comfortable juggling multiple items in a given day and get energized by solving urgent problems. This is a new role for our company so an ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity and would be excited about the opportunity to shape the role and related processes.
- Be the internal subject matter expert for payment processing onboarding. Own, document and maintain internal processes
- For select accounts, complete daily reconciliation for client payment processing activities
- Facilitate recurring underwriting procedures for payment processing compliance such as reviewing transaction and chargeback volumes
- Onboard our clients with our payment processors by gathering required information from CityBase Project Managers and submitting that information to our vendors
- Maintain relationships with our payment processing vendors and obligations as a merchant services provider
- Ensure funds from payments processed are deposited into client bank accounts
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Must be proficient in Excel (Pivot tables, VLookup)
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus