President, Retail at Green Thumb
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:44 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 4, 2021
We are searching for...
a President of Retail who will inspire impact and drive the growth and expansion of the retail business through the development of Green Thumb's people, systems and culture, resulting in the most consistent, scaled, profitable and engaging cannabis retail fleet in the U.S.
Reporting to the CEO, this leader will align, develop, innovate and implement effective omni-channel retail strategies in a rapidly evolving and transforming environment, delivering a world-class retail/hospitality experience. This leader will architect an appropriate corporate structure for success and scalability, aggressive store opening growth, and increasing operating efficiencies to make it happen.
This leader will be a master communicator, influential and authentic. They will understand the retail experience at a holistic level and possess a track record of leading a world-class retail team through cultivating a culture of accountability, transparency and attention to detail. This person will translate the vision of what-could-be into an efficient, scalable operation resulting in measurable increases in revenue, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and overall profitability & scalability of the company.Success Outcomes
- Success Outcome 1: Leadership of People & Culture
- Architect the team (existing and new), providing the leadership, motivation and development to create an environment which encourages accountability and strong teammate development.
- Build a strong operational culture that is customer-oriented, highly efficient, and fun.
- Articulate a clear and inspiring vision for the future of the retail business while establishing high performance expectations and setting a clear example through one's own behavior.
- Build trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
- Serve as the connective tissue between the retail (field) team and the larger Green Thumb mission and vision.
- Success Outcome 2: Design, Align & Execute Retail Strategy
- In close collaboration with business unit leaders, design and align retail operations and supporting functions so that the business meets the needs of the evolving customer.
- Assume ultimate accountability for top-line retail revenue targets.
- Ensure all stores are operational and compliant with state and federal guidelines/regulations.
- Collaborate and coordinate the different functions within retail. Elevating the retail team development, operations, inventory management, marketing and customer experience.
- Success Outcome 3: Build the Brand(s)
- Ensure the Brand is consistent across the fleet, aligning multiple retail brands and consumer brands under the Green Thumb Umbrella.
- Brand building through product selection, customer experience and team culture.
- Ensure the Best-in-class customer relationship and a service model that delivers against it consistently.
- Develop the strategy for the retail business partnering with the executive leadership and board of directors to drive brand awareness of Green Thumb's portfolio.
- Execute the strategic plan for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth and objectives of the retail business.
- Develop, implement, execute and maintain business retail strategy for growth in current markets and expansion into new markets.
- Establish and implement KPIs, systems, procedures and resources to achieve scale that deliver consistency, reliability and quality to Green Thumb’s patients and customers.
- Provide leadership, supervision and direction to retail leaders by traveling to locations frequently and through routine coaching/feedback sessions; Build and retain high performing retail staff.
- Drive innovative solutions to improve sales, conversions and customer experience; identifies and recommends new improvement areas for retail training.
- Responsible for overseeing merchandising, inventory planning and management, real estate and store development, store operations, marketing, CRM and visual merchandising etc. in all retail locations.
- Build upon and continue to deliver a workplace culture of excellence, service, and passion about our mission and customers.
- Ensures compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices across all Green Thumb facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in the retail industry in multi-state/global retail operation with minimum 10+ years of team management at the leadership level
- Minimum 3+ years serving at the highest executive level in the retail industry
- Expertise & understanding of P&L and budgets required
- Prior experience scaling a retail organization with systems and processes
- Proven experience utilizing data to effectively drive business decisions to improve results including financial performance, workforce forecast/planning, and scheduling.
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; will require work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
Read Full Job Description