Real Estate Manager at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:35 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Real Estate Manager at GTI contributes to the organizations success by developing and executing strategic market plans for new and existing markets and drives results that enhance the value of the company’s portfolio.
In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will manage the site selection and acquisition process including location identification and qualification, negotiation, exchange of purchase or lease agreements. This role is also responsible to provide project management and financial oversight in delivering entitlements of new store on time and on budget for projects within the assigned territory.
- Analyze markets within assigned territory to determine the best available trade areas.
- Scrutinize State and local regulations and zoning codes to determine jurisdictional requirements
- Identify, qualify and perform all necessary due diligence for targeted sites
- Negotiate letters-of-intent and interface with team attorneys for the successful negotiation and execution of leases
- Develop and cultivate relationships with brokers, developers and property owners
- Represent GTI to local governmental entities and the public, including facilitating community meetings and public hearings
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create project deadlines, administer and amend leases, and manage other real estate activity
- Manage deliverables and communication between team members, consultants and attorneys to insure timely openings
- Prepare regular reports and updates on status of all development activities
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Financial planning and market analysis 3 years
- Real estate deal-making and negotiations 3 years
- Retail or restaurant new store roll-out 3 years
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ready, willing and able to travel around 30% of the time
- Knowledge of real estate acquisition and lease process, real estate and contract law (negotiating complex lease provisions), retail real estate markets, real estate valuation, development entitlement processes and best practices of real estate project management
- Disposition to collaborate, as part of a team and work independently
- Effective, efficient and growth mindset
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- “Get-to-yes” negotiation aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Focused with the ability to make effective presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and similar software
- Ability to use mapping/GIS software
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description