Senior Consultant, Healthcare & Life Sciences M&A at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a Senior Consultant in the Healthcare and Life Sciences – Mergers & Acquisitions team at West Monroe, you will have the opportunity to support and collaborate on projects serving our Private Equity and Strategic clients investing in and acquiring technology-enabled Healthcare and Life Sciences companies across the transaction lifecycle. This team leads projects related to our core offerings, including platform acquisitions, mergers/integrations, corporate divestiture/carve-outs, sell-side readiness, Day 1 readiness planning, and post-close value creation and execution management.
- 4+ years of experience in team-based roles within at least two of the following: Healthcare, Healthcare IT, M&A, Consulting
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following processes: organizational transformation, process improvement, system implementation, finance & accounting, life sciences, provider software, home health / post-acute care
- Experience managing multiple tasks and workstreams efficiently with ability to adapt to priority shifts
- Experience managing teams and projects through spin-up to implementation with demonstrable value and quantifiable results
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Deep understanding of new and existing technologies and the ability to leverage and apply to client solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
Position Expectations & Responsibilities
- Work directly with clients and the Targets they are/have invested in to define how technology supports business functions and creates value, illustrate how data is generated and commoditized, identify opportunities for improvement, highlight investment risks and associated tactics to mitigate identified risk
- Facilitate interviews and workshops to understand Targets’ business models, issues they are facing, and initiatives they have implemented to address challenges and support growth
- Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, identify and mitigate risk, and resolve issues
- Lead creation of project-related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
- Work closely with engagement management to identify and mitigate project risk
- Work closely with members of WMP as well as our clients to quickly establish highly functioning joint project teams
- Lead evaluations against best practices in the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry
- Be accountable for project deliverables validated for completeness and appropriateness
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and with clients/Targets
- Participate in the practice development process by leading in the development of tools, templates, frameworks, methodologies, trainings, and other collateral used by West Monroe on client assignments and internal initiatives
- Contribute to the growth of the practice through supporting and leading development of the team’s core offerings and client delivery capabilities
- Assist with company campus and experienced recruiting
- Participate in the business development process by understanding business needs and driving development of project approaches, proposals, and statements of work
- Develop work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Actively participate in Healthcare & Life Sciences M&A industry events
- Understand client investment needs/constraints and help tailor proposals appropriately to meet their needs
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.