Senior Manager of Commercial Operations at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking a highly qualified Senior Manager / Director of Commercial Operations to join our growing team. This role will support our clinical and research sequencing businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement to help improve cancer care with data and artificial intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively across commercial, medical, product, data science, and laboratory teams to set commercial strategy, and build the commercial support model.
- Collaborate with field sales team and commercial team leadership to define and operationalize go-to-market strategy
- Lead a team that will generate insights through data analytics to improve decision-making, and sales and marketing efficiency.
- Develop quantified views of market opportunity (across all products and services), and align sales resources accordingly. Project, analyze, and report supply and demand for our clinical and research businesses.
- Utilize (and upgrade) commercial governance forums and processes to drive predictability and accountability.
- Identification, codification, and translation of go-to-market best practices to stimulate demand with key customers.
- Work with internal learning and development teams to enable the salesforce to adopt winning behaviors by providing training and access to sales content and assets.
- Design incentive structures and support models to accelerate growth, considering existing and novel data that reinforce desired behaviors.
- Balance an aggressive yet pragmatic approach to arm the sales team with best available data and processes to support building world-class NPS.
- Deploy technology and process improvements to increase the amount of time that reps spend selling.
- Prepare and lead bi-quarterly commercial team performance reviews with CEO, COO, CMO. Define and set up the annual National Sales program
- Collaborate with marketing teams to support lead generation.
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Entrepreneurial: You will have the opportunity to have an impactful influence in this rapidly growing enterprise which is high-energy, supportive, and fun.
- Action-oriented and organized: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, helping move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems.
- A leader: Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life.
- Data-driven and pragmatic: Utilize the vast amount of internal data to proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and develop realistic solutions to improve commercial performance.
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues, and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems.
- 5-8 years of post-grad experience in either business analytics, banking or consulting (MBA is preferred). Healthcare background is preferred.
- Ability to tackle large, ambiguous problems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and able to effectively balance priorities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across departments (legal, business development, operations, product, etc.).