Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking a highly qualified Senior Manager / Director of Commercial Operations to join our growing team. This role will support our clinical and research sequencing businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a movement to help improve cancer care with data and artificial intelligence.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively across commercial, medical, product, data science, and laboratory teams to set commercial strategy, and build the commercial support model.
- Collaborate with field sales team and commercial team leadership to define and operationalize go-to-market strategy
- Lead a team that will generate insights through data analytics to improve decision-making, and sales and marketing efficiency.
- Develop quantified views of market opportunity (across all products and services), and align sales resources accordingly. Project, analyze, and report supply and demand for our clinical and research businesses.
- Utilize (and upgrade) commercial governance forums and processes to drive predictability and accountability.
- Identification, codification, and translation of go-to-market best practices to stimulate demand with key customers.
- Work with internal learning and development teams to enable the salesforce to adopt winning behaviors by providing training and access to sales content and assets.
- Design incentive structures and support models to accelerate growth, considering existing and novel data that reinforce desired behaviors.
- Balance an aggressive yet pragmatic approach to arm the sales team with best available data and processes to support building world-class NPS.
- Deploy technology and process improvements to increase the amount of time that reps spend selling.
- Prepare and lead bi-quarterly commercial team performance reviews with CEO, COO, CMO. Define and set up the annual National Sales program
- Collaborate with marketing teams to support lead generation.
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Entrepreneurial: You will have the opportunity to have an impactful influence in this rapidly growing enterprise which is high-energy, supportive, and fun.
- Action-oriented and organized: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, helping move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems.
- A leader: Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life.
- Data-driven and pragmatic: Utilize the vast amount of internal data to proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and develop realistic solutions to improve commercial performance.
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues, and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems.
- 5-8 years of post-grad experience in either business analytics, banking or consulting (MBA is preferred). Healthcare background is preferred.
- Ability to tackle large, ambiguous problems.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and able to effectively balance priorities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across departments (legal, business development, operations, product, etc.).