Senior Manager, Consulting Operations at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Manager to provide strategic and operational support to our Consulting Leadership team and firm-wide Operating Committee. In this role you will partner with our Chief Operating Officer and other operators to execute on our firm-wide strategy alongside Client Success, Strategic Growth, and a variety of other Shared Services functions. You will also partner with firm-wide leadership on the operations of our business to help drive revenue and profitability.
This Senior Manager must take initiative, anticipate the needs of practice directors and office leadership, and respond accordingly while working in an environment with competing priorities and deadlines. Other responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Coordination & Liaising
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Shared Services functions
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Shared Services inquiries and initiatives that require Consulting Operations input/support
• Work with the EA to the COO to manage weekly Operating Committee meetings, including such responsibilities as developing and managing an agenda and relevant materials
• Serve as the primary Consulting Operations point of contact for the consulting practices, including both practice leads and Resource & Practice Operations roles
• Partner with the lead Business Development Executive to facilitate enhancements in the function and improved alignment between the consulting lines and business development function
Reporting & Compliance
• Create and maintain reports to monitor the performance of the consulting business; develop analyses to proactively identify trends and areas for further analysis/exploration
• Regularly monitor critical operating metrics, including but not limited to utilization, discount, revenue, and pipeline
• Own and maintain the operating defaults for the business, ensuring they include timely, relevant, and actionable information to support the needs of the business
• Partner with Finance and Client Success to monitor and enforce compliance with requirements related to AR, Inventory, and other key areas
• Partner with Strategic Growth to help enable the execution of the 6-year strategy across the consulting line
• Serve as the primary Consulting Operations stakeholder for firmwide initiatives originating outside of Consulting Ops
• Partner with the Corporate Development and Transaction Management Office to support consulting acquisitions, specifically including the integration of acquired firms
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• 10+ years’ experience in a professional services environment or 8+ years of consulting experience
• Ability to think critically and strategically while also being able to dig in and work tactically
• Executive-level presence, ability to present to senior-level executives and partner on a daily basis
• Skilled with reporting, including in Excel, Power BI, and CRM (Salesforce)
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills, ability to problem solve and strong attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills while ensuring that processes and deliverables meet/exceed expectations
• Ability and desire to actively coach and mentor team junior members while serving as an effective role model
• Experience creating executive-level deliverables
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree
• A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives