Senior Manager, Digital Manufacturing (Industry 4.0) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Manager to help build our Consumer and Industrial Products practice with a focus on Industry 4.0 and Operational Improvement opportunities.
The Senior Manager will have three main responsibilities:
This role entails significant responsibility in developing new business, managing the client relationship at the executive levels while providing direction and oversight to project teams. Most importantly, candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
You will play an active national leadership role in addition to leading the Chicago/Minneapolis-based team. He/she will be expected to attract, hire and mentor deep technologists and talented business consultants who will help our Consumer and Industrial Product clients re-imagine, build, and transform their business and operations.
As a leader within our C&IP Practice, you will be expected to provide delivery oversight on large engagements, manage relationships with c-level buyers and create compelling offerings that are relevant and thought-provoking.
- A BS degree is preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Experience leading a relevant consulting group or practice in the local market in the past 5 years preferred
- 8+ years’ experience managing multi-disciplined teams of consultants and technologists OR 10+ years in an operational/technology leadership role in manufacturing
- Strong business development and an active professional network of contacts in the local market
- Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; and in-depth knowledge of project planning and delivery methodologies
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
- Ability to travel 50-70%
- Functional knowledge of industrial / consumer manufacturing value chain – particularly in one or more of the following sectors: Industrial Products and Equipment, Consumer Packaged Goods, Chemicals, Specialty Materials, Durable Goods,
- Food & Beverage, Automotive/Transportation
- Experience with mid-market manufacturing businesses ($500M - $5B in Revenue)
- Functional knowledge of discreet manufacturing and/or process manufacturing operations – including but not limited to the following functions: planning/forecasting, supply management, procurement, sales and operations planning, engineering, production scheduling, maintenance, production controls, quality control, inventory management, supply chain, warehouse and distribution.
- Ability to identify and quantify business cases impacting the P&L and/or balance sheet for manufacturing or supply chain use cases
- Also desired is a track record of manufacturing client project delivery success that should include: System
- Implementation / Integration, Cost Savings, Process Improvement, Production Capacity Improvement, Organizational
- Effectiveness, Supply Chain, Capital Project Management, and Maintenance / Reliability Improvement
- Must have been an active team member or PM on at least 5 operational and/or performance transformation programs for manufacturing clients
- Strong functional knowledge within the following systems and applications: ERP, MRP, S&OP / Production Scheduling,
- Maintenance Management / Scheduling, Labor Management Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, SCADA,
- Quality and/or Laboratory Management Systems,
- Lean Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement experience and/or certification is a plus
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.