Senior Manager, Energy & Utilities (Water AMI) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
Our Energy and Utilities Practice is expanding, and we are looking for talented consultants to join us. We are seeking a Senior Manager with experience implementing water AMI programs. From day one at West Monroe, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems or Business preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the electric/water utilities industry.
- Minimum 6 years of professional services consulting experience preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working directly on water AMI projects with an emphasis on the implementation phase
- Experience with utilities of 100,000 meters or greater in size
- Strong understanding of the key vendors/systems within the water AMI marketplace including meter manufacturers, AMI system providers, MDM vendors, customer portal offerings and data analytics packages.
- Referenceable track record of successfully managing and executing consulting engagements related to strategy development, business cases, technology roadmaps, program management, vendor selection, business process reengineering, organizational assessments, etc.
- Mature project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% of the year annually.
What will you be doing?
- Establish and/or lead a program management office (PMO) for utility clients undertaking complex, transformational programs.
- Act as or support the Project Manager in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on large engagements.
- Lead business process and technical requirements workshops with client personnel to develop business process/ technical documentation deliverables including requirements, process maps and key performance indicators for water AMI related processes (e.g. automated meter reading, leak detection).
- Manage and/or participate in a team of software/solution implementation, systems integration, and business consultants.
- Contribute to the Energy & Utilities Water consulting practice (methodologies, service offerings, team development), and drive best practice behaviors into the organization.
- Contribute to growth and development of WMP's Energy & Utilities Practice from a business development, service offering and culture perspective.
- Be a thought-leader within the water AMI sector of the industry as demonstrated by published articles in industry journals, speaking engagements at industry conferences, authored white papers, active membership at industry associations/councils, etc.
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
- Contribute to business development process as an emerging technologies subject matter specialist.
- Create work plans, pricing estimates and risk assessments for prospects.
- Exercise strong client management and client relationship building skills.
- Proven track record of business development at new and existing utility clients.
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.