SENIOR MANAGER, IOT SUBSCRIPTION SOLUTIONS at Caterpillar
Lead the IoT device provisioning, subscription management, services activation, and customer billing digital execution for a population of over 1 million connected assets and enabling the growth of connected products and solutions across all industries. As the Senior Manager for the IoT Subscription Solutions team, you will have direct Product Management and Program Management accountabilities, as well as oversee software design and engineering operations for apps, applications, APIs/services, device types associated with IoT device and subscription management and billing.
You will partner with internal business teams, platform engineering teams, Cat dealers and customers to expand capabilities of existing solutions that leverage the IoT platform, manage requirements, prioritization, and acceptance criteria for new application-enabling features and solutions, and direct software development teams through delivery. For your portfolio of accountability, you’ll manage all aspects of digital and technology operations including Software Engineering, Application development, R&D for Products and Services, as well as integration with appropriate platforms and reusable components to deliver dealer and customer value.
The position will manage team leaders and staff to execute the overall strategy, application and feature set development, and technology architecture in alignment with enterprise strategy. You will have significant exposure to internal business leaders collaborating across various organizations ensuring IoT solutions deliver business value aligned to our strategy. The team will have accountability for a level of analytics and business intelligence reporting on the connected asset population, revenue generation, and telematics-enabled insights, and will lead systems-level integration engineering for solutions requiring on-board and off-board integrations for subscription-enabled solutions.
As the Senior Manager for IoT Subscription Solutions (Cat Digital) you will be responsible for holistic application lifecycle management of a portfolio of digital offerings used by Caterpillar dealers and direct end-customers.
Key job duties include:
Working to frame, plan and execute projects effectively, ensuring that deliverables meet functional and quality requirements within established timelines
Consolidation requirements from many stakeholder groups, including internal, channel partners, and strategic leaders at the Corporate level.
Digital product management, strategic direction, tool/platform selection, and overseeing the software development management
Subscription services journey mapping, process definition and governance, measurement and analytics
Collaborating with tech leads and strategic architects to ensure platforms are well prepared to either expand or contract effectively, depending on roadmap goals.
Envisioning and driving data migration projects for customer and subscription & provisioning data from legacy billing systems into new platform solutions.
Building subscription and promotion features that lead to higher trial conversions and renewal rates
Responsibilities include managing staff and projects related to developing business and technical solutions and implementing common operating procedures to provide process functionality and the requisite architecture to enable effective, efficient, economic services. Delivering solutions on time, with quality and within budget are foundational for success.
Incumbent recognizes the service requirements/needs of dealers and customers, corporate and business unit goals, and gives leadership and direction to formulating global concepts, strategies and plans to deliver service solutions. Develops and communicates a 3-5 year strategic roadmap of the total digital service offerings and explains rationale for providing specific service solutions considering Caterpillar digital offerings and Dealer Business priorities. Validates value metrics of technical information.
Typical internal customers include various contacts throughout Caterpillar worldwide and its subsidiaries. External contacts include various customers, dealers, and vendors throughout worldwide markets. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate solution requests or needs and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and will require the role to develop, deliver and support new solutions. The position establishes and then monitors general policies and guidelines for products under his/her control to ensure specific, management goals are met, and desired results are achieved. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Recurring Revenue, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc.
The position manages a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where some review of subordinate work is required as well as training, development and mentoring. The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates, as well as overall employee satisfaction for the division.
- A four-year degree from accredited university
- 8+ years of progressively complex digital experience generally gained through staff and supervisory assignments in Digital, Technology or Information Services.
- 4+ years of experience managing, evaluating and developing employees
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Experience leading technical team(s) while simultaneously managing multiple projects
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Demonstrated Direct to Consumer IoT subscription management and device provisioning product/engineering management
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably in roles related to subscriptions, payments, IoT, ecommerce, FinTech or similar demonstrated track record building stakeholder relationships through outstanding communications and collaboration skills
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Knowledge of invoicing and payments space preferred
- Ability to provide strategic direction for effectively managing staff, budgets, business plans, and developing multi-year plans with business and digital partners.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Ability to work with diversified departments within larger service centers or business units
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of digital operations including web, cloud and/ or mobile solutions and one or more of the following: general business processes, strong marketing acumen, and business unit marketing experience or dealer processes
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.