Senior Manager, Lifesciences at West Monroe
Scientific and technological change coupled with rising consumer expectations are having a fundamental impact on the life sciences industry. As consumers encounter engaging experiences in other areas of their lives, they are now demanding the same level of engagement across the healthcare ecosystem. These demands include contributions from the life science companies – including experiences with personalized therapies and services customized to the individual’s unique -omic (genome, metabolome, microbiome, and proteome) profile.
To remain relevant, life sciences companies need to implement new ways of engaging across the healthcare ecosystem that not only improve health outcomes but are highly personalized to an individual’s health needs. Success means life sciences companies need to organically and / or inorganically acquire expertise in customer engagement, personalization, and other skills more commonly associated with social networking sites and online retailers.
Think you're up for the challenge?
WMP is looking for a Senior Manager with a passion for innovation to join our rapidly expanding Life Sciences team. The WMP Life Sciences team helps companies innovate in the digitally enabled patient-centric healthcare ecosystem that links patients, providers, payers, and life sciences companies.
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
- Lead cross-functional teams (e.g., medical affairs, market access, sales, HEOR) on how to best apply digital transformation to improve the patient experience and create business value
- Define the strategic opportunities and challenges that can be addressed via new digital capabilities (e.g., digital therapeutics (software-as-a-medical device) and wearables)
- Develop detailed digital roadmaps and strategies for multiple therapeutic areas and global initiatives. Be comfortable presenting these concepts to senior executive leadership and gaining their buy-in to move forward
- Demonstrate an understanding of the regulatory landscape and the implications for a patient-and-provider centric strategy
- Assess the rapidly changing digital health technology landscape to keep track of key developments, innovative ideas, trends, and technologies that can provide life science companies the opportunity to enhance the impact of their therapies and/or avoid disintermediation
- Possess a deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem (payer, provider, life sciences) alongside knowledge of the digital technology and partnership landscape
- Be recognized as a trusted advisor for patient-and-provider digital health solutions with both internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as the industry expert and delivery lead on projects
- Establish role as central point of contact with engagement directors and client stakeholders to communicate project status, metrics as well as mitigate risk
- Address client requests for critical issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Be able to identify interdependencies and collaboration opportunities across WMP
- Grow and lead a team in the design and development of WMP’s patient-and-provider centric digital health solutions
- Identify team strengths and issues; mentor and provide guidance to build next generation of leaders
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
- Coach and mentor other consultants to develop the next generation of leaders
- Drive the enhancement of WMP's methodologies and approaches to client delivery; participate in thought leadership
- Assist with business development initiatives, which include creating work plans, pricing estimates and assessing risk for future prospects
- Contribute ideas and expertise for go-to-market strategy; help execute business development campaigns
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Establish account management relationships with key client decision makers
- High output. No drama.
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree in clinical sciences or MBA is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement. Demonstrated consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of 10 years of consulting experience in the life sciences industry or a mix of few years of life sciences industry experience coupled with the balance of years functioning as a Senior Manager in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated capabilities in digital solutions and the use of digital technologies to transform business models and provide new customer value-producing capabilities
- Must have led large-scale digital product development initiatives from inception through launch
- Familiarity with Agile / SCRUM methodologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including experience and comfort presenting concepts to senior executives
- Ability to communicate the technical possibilities and limitations of technology to non-technical colleagues
- Passion for understanding emerging technologies with pragmatic insight into where those technologies can be integrated into business solutions
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Live within commuting distance to one of West Monroe’s consulting offices
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.