Shift Manager at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:58 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 13, 2020
GTI is the parent company to RISE Dispensaries and Essence.
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Shift Manager will be responsible for the leadership and support to retail teams, ensuring that the store runs
seamlessly, and service standards are met.
- Consistently demonstrate the leadership ability to drive results and develop the team.
- Creates a motivational environment that inspires the team to create a memorable experience for both internal and external guests.
- Observe staff to ensure consistent use of the company’s service standards and core values.
- Openly communicates with the General Manager regarding team development and overall performance.
- Recognizes team member performance and effectively provides the necessary coaching and feedback to ensure team member success.
- Address escalated guest concerns, complaints, or suggestions in a timely manner and provide service recovery as needed.
- Prioritize the guest experience above all other administrative tasks.
- Drive customer loyalty through service and accurate customer data capture.
- Be present on the sales floor to ensure a positive guest and team member experience.
- Consistently follow company’s open and close procedures for the dispensary.
- Manage day-to-day dispensary operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicates relevant information to other managers and staff as needed.
- Ensures all daily/weekly cleaning checklists are completed.
- Consistently maintains a clean and neat dispensary, in the front and back of house.
- Works with the Inventory Agent to ensure inventory needs are met and assists in inventory counts as needed.
- Remain current on all company programs, marketing campaigns, and promotional specials.
- Holds all staff accountable to company policies and procedures, fairly and consistently applying the progressive discipline process, as needed.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Upholds all company policies and procedures and ensure compliance standards are consistently met.
- Keeps the General Manager informed of any concerns or issues in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment and state marijuana laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Ensures all compliance requirements and standards are consistently upheld to include employment practices and policies.
- Consistently remains compliant with all legal and/or company regulations for the industry.
- Must have a High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
- College degree preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
Read Full Job Description