Sr. Fulfillment Manager at Home Chef
Coaching & Development:
- Directly oversees the National Safety Manager and Operations Special Projects Manager and has dotted line oversight of the plant Training Managers.
- Builds strong working relationships with all fulfillment center-based leaders including Plant Managers, Department Managers, Training Managers, and Safety Supervisors/Specialists and continually strives to helps the plant leaders to grow and improve in their roles.
- Aids plant teams in scoping out new initiatives to support rolling out new product lines, increasing capacity and complexity, and improving metric performance while providing plant teams with the ownership to implement those initiatives and providing appropriate support as needed.
- Sets clear performance targets for the safety and training teams, both at the corporate and plant levels, and discusses progress against the deadlines and established KPI’s on a weekly basis.
- Provides both positive and developmental feedback to direct reports and plant leaders.
- Develops employee development plans for all direct reports and partners with the Plant Managers to establish employee development plans for each of the training managers.
- Assists plant managers with problem solving issues impacting their KPI’s or project deadlines.
- Advocates for plant teams to corporate partners.
Communication & Leadership:
- Leads by example and embodies Home Chef values of Customer First, Best-in-Class Team, Ownership, Pursue Excellence, and Deliver Happiness.
- Cultivates a culture centered around pride in the workplace, positive motivation, mutual respect, alignment, and accountability within the safety and training organizations.
- Acts as a liaison between fulfillment centers to ensure that the best of Home Chef’s knowledge/ processes are communicated between facilities and works to oversee initiatives to streamline across facilities where appropriate.
- Drives strong communication between corporate and fulfillment centers to gain buy in and alignment on initiatives.
- Demonstrates willingness to work flexible hours and travel frequently to the fulfillment centers to provide regular on-site support, guidance, drive accountability, and fill in for key roles as necessary.
- Supports the safe working environment of the facilities and employees by working with the plant leaders and the safety team to develop and enforce organizational standards.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship and acts as a supportive partner with the plant managers and Home Chef leadership.
- Works in partnership with the New Product Development, Retail Operations, HR, Operations Excellence, Warehouse, and Maintenance teams to prioritize and implement new initiatives in fulfillment centers
- Acts as the immediate support to the Sr. Director of Fulfillment to enact and strategize fulfillment initiatives and priorities across the Home Chef network.
- Collaborates with the Sr. Director of Fulfillment, Plant Managers, and Corporate HR leaders to establish a roadmap for success for talent strategy to improve hiring, retention, culture development, and training efforts.
- Maintains a pipeline of projects and goals while collaborating with plant and corporate leaders to establish realistic, aggressive timelines and drives accountability for the completion of established goals.
- Actively participates in the planning of new product development and oversees the rollout of new product lines at fulfillment centers in collaboration with local CI managers and the corporate new products team.
- Partners with the Sr. Director of Fulfillment and Plant Managers to identify needs and opportunities for greater efficiency and effectiveness in the end-to-end fulfillment process through on-site observation and cross-functional brainstorming sessions
- Establishes KPI’s that accurately reflect plant performance in safety, training, retention, and engagement and routinely re-evaluates established targets in an effort to drive continuous improvement.
- Makes every effort to manage projects, especially training and safety projects, against KPIs that will show results of the project.
- Works with Operational Excellence to implement new scorecards and KPIs effectively to help drive results in fulfillment centers.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 3+ years of proven direct supervision and management experience (Food Manufacturing preferred)
- Associate’s / Bachelor's preferred
- Experience in food manufacturing required. Strong candidates would have experience plant operations or plant manager roles
- Experience with Employee Safety and OSHA regulations highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to drive results, manage conflict, achieve alignment, oversee multiple workstreams, and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration amongst cross functional teams
- Must be willing and able to accommodate 50% travel to the fulfillment centers, including the willingness to fill in for key roles short term within a fulfillment center.
- Experience in project management highly desirable
- Successful candidate must be high energy, have strong people skills, demonstrated history of leadership and influence, and have a strong history of ownership and flexibility
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F) Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment: Must be able to operate computer, phone, and printer