Strategic Accounts Team Lead
- Ensures total client satisfaction for assigned portfolio by managing a team of Account Representatives in the performance of their assigned responsibilities, holding them accountable for managing complex operational projects for clients of high strategic importance to SMS Assist.
- Manages relationships with vendors to achieve seamless, high-quality service and advantageous pricing.
- Guides team members in the development of professional relationships with clients and vendors through collaborative communication, effective action on feedback, and occasional site visits.
- Exercises budgetary approval authority and holds team members accountable for managing the client’s operations & maintenance budget within the assigned portfolio to the client’s financial benefit.
- Closely monitors the operational and financial performance of all assigned operational teams to identify the root causes of process, approach, and/or program deficiencies; recommends resolutions to increase the client’s operational and financial efficiency.
- Enables and motivates team to proactively develop and implement solutions to complex and challenging client requirements that fall outside of standard procedure and historical precedent.
- Identifies the need to become engaged in potential issues prior to client escalation and works with team members to resolve high-priority issues; correctly identifies issues that require escalation to department leadership, and raises them alongside actionable recommendations for solutions.
- Facilitates the two-way flow of information between team members and department leadership by maintaining continuous effective communication, leading team meetings, and providing complete and accurate team reporting to department leadership
- Assists in the development and implementation of analysis tools in our propriety database to help the operations department identify service trends and implement best practice strategies for both internal and client business processes
- Assists department leadership in the development and implementation of data tools to measure, track, and set standards for team performance; adheres to these goals and standards
- Uses KPIs and other quantitative indicators to manage team’s workflow and hold team members accountable to performance standards
- Supervises team members’ work product and performance for quality, accuracy, and adherence to SMS Assist policy
- Develops team members’ professional knowledge and competencies to continuously improve their performance and prepare them to take on increasing responsibility
- Reviews team member performance; provides informal in-stride counseling and formal feedback at prescribed intervals
- Contributes to the positive financial performance of the department by contributing to high service throughput volume and effective management of vendor costs
- Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data
- Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Problem-Solving - Advanced
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Relationship Management - Advanced
- Analysis - Proficient
- Prioritization - Proficient
- Team Work - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
People Management Skills
- Proficient in basic people management processes
- Proficient in leading a small team on a day to day basis, within a broader organization structure
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of related, progressive work experience required
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Knowledge of call center performance metrics preferred
- Knowledge and/or experience in trades preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.