Strategy and Operations Associate
Hard working people need access to fast, trust-worthy credit and Enova uses advanced technology and analytics to provide that to them. With a focus on non-prime customers and small businesses, we’ve served over 5 millions customers through our six businesses in the US and abroad. We’re born and raised in Chicago and we pride ourselves on hiring smart, driven people who like solving challenging business problems. Our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work some place awesome.”
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. We have 1,500+ employees and your teammates are as passionate about their work as you are. Your manager and team will encourage you to think outside the box and will celebrate your wins with you along the way. We’re big on career growth and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. On top of that, we also offer competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401k matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. Our Chicago headquarters even offers over 100 different kinds of snacks, a game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, and a variety of different social events.
What you’ll do:
- Manage initiatives that focus on driving new projects, processes improvements and customer experience enhancements.
- Build and cultivate relationships with cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, negotiate with external partners and collaborate with internal tech development teams to ensure that projects meet business requirements.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, prioritize and execute projects, balance business needs vs. technical constraints, ensure quality, and drive bottom line results.
- Run ad hoc projects that are often data intensive and require comfort with numbers to make decisions.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance. Our S&O team comes from a variety of backgrounds but are successful because of their ability to problem solve and think analytically.
- 3-6 years of tangible work experience dealing with process improvement, management consulting or data analytics.
- Demonstrate strong analytical thinking through excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in negotiating, influencing others, analytical thinking, leading others, and executing and implementing projects.
Our Strategy & Operations team:
Enova’s Strategy & Operation teams - or “S&O” as insiders commonly refer to them here - drive the business at both the operational and business levels. In addition to working cross functionally on the corporate side, S&Os work closely with our call center operations (think application support, loan processing, collections or customer service) to ensure optimization and anticipate any bumps in the road. To do this, they dive deeper into our existing processes and ask themselves lots of questions like, why are we doing this that way? Why don’t we try this? And, likely the most important question, how is this going to affect the bottom line of our business?
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.