Supervisor, Consumer and Home Equity Loan Underwriting and Funding at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
The Supervisor, Consumer and Home Equity Loan Underwriting and Funding is responsible for managing the daily operations and activities of the direct consumer and home equity loan underwriting and funding teams. The incumbent will manage and monitor the daily workflow of applications through the CLOS system and provide guidance and direction to the underwriting and funding staffs while monitoring productivity. Responsibilities will also include providing direction to team members on work priorities, resolving operational issues, increasing automated decisioning of loan applications, and will be responsible for monthly reporting on all underwriting and funding activities. The Supervisor provides direction to staff on risk tolerances in underwriting while expanding and improving loan approvals in the lower credit tiers. The incumbent will be required to leverage resources and have full knowledge of Alliant’s consumer loan underwriting and loan funding policies and procedures. General direction is received from the Manager, Consumer Loan Underwriting and Processing.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Direct Consumer and Home Equity Loan Underwriting Management
- Ensures all critical daily tasks of the direct loan underwriting and loan funding roles are completed timely and accurately, in accordance with Alliant policies and procedures
- Monitors daily production of the direct consumer and home equity loan underwriting and funding teams to ensure turn time expectations are met. This includes monitoring employees working with remote access.
- Makes loan decisions on high dollar loans within lending authority
- Performs loan audits on a continuing basis to ensure procedures are followed and loans are underwritten within Alliant’s polices. Shares feedback with underwriters on their underwriting decisions.
- Provides training and support for front line lending teams by sharing updates to underwriting and funding guidelines and procedures
- Handles escalated member issues and internal customer concerns as necessary as well as responds to inquiries presented via all types of correspondence regarding direct consumer and home equity underwriting loan issues.
- Test software releases affecting consumer and home equity underwriting and funding as necessary
- Assist team members with daily tasks as needed at times of high volume
- Recommend enhancements and changes to underwriting systems to increase automation and auto decisioning of consumer and home equity loan applications
- Oversee the daily operations and tasks required of the loan funding positions for direct consumer and home equity loans
- Manage the distribution process of direct loan documents through Docusign and other methods for member signature in accordance with the loan disbursement instructions
- Monitor and audit the loan closing and funding procedures for direct consumer and home equity loans
- Complete the daily Tesla wire process according to procedures
Leadership and Performance Management
- Translate operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field, and you have:
- Five years of experience in loan underwriting for consumer and home equity loan products and loan funding with direct lending preferred with demonstrated loan approval authority
- Familiarity with electronic fund transfers including ACH and wire transfers required
- 3 years’ experience in leading, managing, and developing direct underwriting reports is required
- Exceptional customer service skills and focus with experience handling escalated member service issues related to underwriting is required
- Strong organizational, technical, analytical and decision-making skills
- Highly effective at time management with the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge and experience in of consumer lending systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off