We are an extremely passionate group dedicated to changing the world of reservations.
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and event organizers think about and run their business. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes across the globe.
Tock was founded with the idea there was a better way for guests to book reservations. Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three-star, and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Nick started work on a crude reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of December 2018):
Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
Reached a global customer base of 20 countries operating in 100+ cities
Has now processed over $400 million in prepaid reservations
As a Support Engineer, you will be the link between customers and the engineering team. You will largely be responsible for managing the software and process for supporting a large number of customers on Tock’s platform. As a Support Engineer, you will work with a roster of esteemed restaurants and large enterprise restaurant groups. The successful candidate is a seasoned engineer with a proven track record of being detail-oriented, demonstrating good communication skills, analyzing customer issues, technical troubleshooting and track and manage issues for the engineering team from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of support engineering expertise in B2B software (SaaS preferred)
- Experience building and managing multiple customer installations
- Ability to code and maintain software tools in Java or Python.
- Ability to implement web-based applications using JSON based REST APIs
- Ability to implement JS app/widgets for web applications
- Skilled at either Windows or Unix server administration
- Skilled at analyzing data and providing answers to ad-hoc customer questions using SQL
- Skilled in TCP/IP networking and network configuration
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Experience using tools like Salesforce/JIRA would be a plus
- Research and identify solutions to software, hardware and network issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Build and manage internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged, tracked and resolved.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on the support pipeline
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
What we offer
Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
Paid time off
Paid parental leave
Free daily lunch
Nitro coffee on tap
BYOD (bring your own dog) to work
Please submit your resume and cover letter using the link below.