Technical Customer Support Representative at BenchPrep
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
BenchPrep is looking for a talented Technical Customer Support Representative to join our growing team! As a Technical Customer Support Rep, you are responsible for providing first-touch support to our enterprise customers and end-users via phone, email and ticket submissions through our helpdesk software. This includes troubleshooting technical issues, answering questions, helping customers use our products, and creating & maintaining effective product support resources. You will become an expert on BenchPrep’s products and interact closely with internal teams to triage and resolve problems. You are a highly organized go-getter and problem-solver who wants to delight our customers by delivering accurate and quick assistance while maintaining BenchPrep’s professional client service experience and service level agreements.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Field support calls and emails from customers and some end-users about platform issues or functionality questions
- Create & maintain effective product support resources
- Proactively look for ways to improve our product and internal processes in an effort to increase usability and efficiency
- Work closely with the engineering team to test new feature releases and ensure product quality
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to ensure overall customer and product success
- Develop a deep understanding of our product suite and become a go-to resource for any product support
About the team:
Our Customer Support team plays a pivotal role in supporting and maintaining the day-to-day operations of our diverse customer base. We work hard to deliver an exceptional level of service to our customers and are passionate about driving a great customer experience.
- Have 2-3 years experience working at a SaaS company in a customer-facing, technical support role
- Be disciplined and very well organized
- Be extremely internet-savvy and comfortable working across tech devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets)
- Be able to troubleshoot software issues and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.