Technical Support Associate
We are looking for an exceptional technical support administrator to provide excellent customer service to our clients. You will collaborate with other team members to resolve client needs and will provide support via phone and email. The successful candidate must be an independent thinker, a good communicator, and able to prioritize tasks. ZD, scripting
- As the Technical Support Administrator serving the needs of our clients, you will be expected to monitor and respond, as needed, to any of the customer support ticketing and company wide messaging systems 24/7/365 days.
- Support and troubleshoot for CityBase government clients across the United States using Zendesk ticketing system
- Assist with monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning at system and application levels.
- Provide support regarding hardware and software issues and network connectivity.
- Help Develop/analyze ways to prevent the same issues from reoccurring.
- Assist Team Lead with compiling and analyzing ticket trends, tracking KPIs, and providing reporting data to Management Team
- Support the technical support team and other CityBase groups with issue escalations, prioritization and tracking
- Use and help update reference tools including phone/email scripts, process workflows, and client “wikis”
- Participate in the development of customer feedback loops, monthly “voice of the customer” reporting, NPS tracking, and customer satisfaction survey
- Provide mobile device support (Android, IOS)
- Monitor and diagnose issues by remotely accessing kiosks via VNC & SSH
- Must have the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Must be available 24/7 when in on call rotation and in emergencies (can be remote).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Systems, System Administration, Business, Communications or related field
- 5+ year of technical support experience
- Customer service experience required
- Fluent in English required; Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Zendesk experienced a plus, but not required
- Highly organized, accountable, resourceful, and professional with a positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Unwavering commitment to a positive customer experience
- Genuine curiosity to investigate root cause and track down a solution for every issue
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with other project opportunity and priorities
- Have an ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aren't afraid of ambiguity and can problem solve with little direction
- You are an exceptionally resourceful individual with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- The ideal candidate must have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks.
- ZenDesk Expertise
- Like to tinker with hardware
- Know a little bit of Linux
At its best, local government is a unifying force with the power to dramatically improve lives. Govtech-company CityBase is helping smart people build intelligent government, working with cities, counties, utilities, and states to create a place as dynamic as the people who live in it, work in it, and contribute to it. Accessible and responsive, adaptive and efficient, our cloud-based platform is digitizing the city-hall experience and impacting constituents nationwide.
Interested in joining our team of 60-plus innovators at our Chicago headquarters? Check out our current job listings.