Technology Coach at Otus
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Technology Coach to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Facilitate onsite Otus training and professional development workshops
- Be the project manager through each new client’s onboarding and implementation process
- Attain a deep understanding of the web-based product and iOS applications, and keep abreast of latest changes
- Contribute to the growing knowledge base of feature requests
- Collaborate with Marketing team to ensure an educator’s voice is represented in all Otus communications
- Tackle basic to advanced technical questions as they arise in relation to support tickets
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- An outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Patience to deal with complex issues and a variety of personalities
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to lead a positive, productive session either in person or via webinar
- Solid experience in project management
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within the team and across various departments
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to prioritize, effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to quickly learn and become a subject matter expert on a new product and ongoing product changes
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, are a plus
- Minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 year(s) of experience as a teacher, instructional/technology coach, or school administrator.
- Ability to travel up to 30% nationally or 80% within the Chicagoland area.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.