Training Specialist, Customer Operations at Affirm
Affirm's Training team sits within our Operational Excellence space and is responsible for developing training materials and facilitating training. In addition, the training team applies their subject matter expertise to assist in cross functional projects. As a key member of our Training team, you will be responsible for developing training materials and facilitating training across our Customer Care and Operations teams both internally as well as our outsourced vendor partners located across the U.S. and nearshore locations.
Customer Operations is growing rapidly with a network of outsourced providers and internal teams that need a top rate training culture that can keep up. The training experience includes onboarding of new employees, building knowledge in our procedures and product experience, educating on key regulations, compliance and soft skills using various learning mediums and methods. In addition, you will support learning program initiatives and projects. The Training team also partners with internal Customer Operations lines of business to provide feedback and coaching. The training team has the critical role of continuously improving the knowledge of Affirm's customer facing teams and is directly responsible for how these teams learn, retain, and access information.
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain training curriculum, including onboarding and refresher training on product and tool knowledge, operational processes, talking points and compliance requirements for both online and Instructor led courses
- Manage the classroom experience and facilitate training virtually as well as in person (once safe to do so).
- Assist in the delivery and communication of changes to Affirm's products and services to minimize risk and achieve high reliability, adoption from customer care agents
- Partner with the quality assurance team to understand key opportunities with agent performance and work with leadership team to create plans to close gaps in agent knowledge and performance
- Partner with Instructional Design to ensure instructional materials meet company standards and learner needs
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis to identify gaps in training curriculum as well as opportunities to enhance product, agent tooling and processes
- Manage facets of a Learning Management System (LMS), such as course assignments and completion records
What You Need to Succeed:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in training facilitation and instructional design
- Prior experience working in the financial services, fintech space or complex operational or customer support role a plus
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience (human resources, change management, organizational development, instructional design or related field)
- Strong understanding of training principles, tools and standard methodologies with experience in learning and knowledge management systems
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive thinking, constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training content development and presentations
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team
- Willing to travel up to 25% (once it is safe to resume travel)
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA26
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.