Vendor Manager, Client Success at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
M1 Finance is committed to providing a seamless client experience to our customers. We’re looking for an experienced Vendor Manager to transform how the Client Success organization engages with our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) vendor relationships, support the vendor selection and negotiation process, and ensure that vendors fulfill their contractual obligations. You will drive vendor performance and operational excellence to exceed key performance indicators across quality, productivity, and most importantly customer satisfaction.
You will provide supervisory oversight for our vendors and partner with internal M1 stakeholders to positively impact the customer experience. You will lead strategic improvements in efficiency, policy, and process across the Client Success operation while collaborating with Finance, People, Legal, and Compliance. You demonstrate impeccable ethics and hold others to the same standard, you seek win-win partnerships with the business and with our vendors. Your work ensures that our BPO service partners flourish and our Client Success operations can scale with the continued growth of M1.
What you’ll do
As a Vendor Relationship Manager on our Client Success Operations team, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Successfully manage the day-to-day operation and relationship with global BPO vendors
- Serve as the primary point of contact for issues related to overall vendor performance and quality to effectively resolve escalations and provide solutions to vendors
- Work with internal stakeholders and vendor partner leaders to exceed performance goals and proactively address performance gaps with action plans
- Visit vendor sites regularly for relationship building, performance reviews, and to assess overall program health; from employee experience to KPIs (Dependent on travel restrictions)
- Lead internal and outsourced teams to conduct and engage in meaningful conversations during weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Refine and standardize operations processes, tools, data, workflows
- Set vendors up for success by advocating for them when needed and ensuring their feedback is heard and prioritized to drive procedure and tooling improvements
- Data analysis
- Understand contact center metrics (Key Performance Indicators) and drive improvements in frontline associate performance, across multiple channels
- Feel comfortable analyzing raw data and articulating key takeaways about business performance
- Work with the vendor to achieve the client contractual obligations involving SLA’s, KPI’s, forecasts, staffing, and process improvement initiatives
- Strategy and cross-functional collaboration
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to properly manage expectations on performance, business requirements and overall service delivery, holding vendors accountable for overall performance execution
- Collaborate with Ops Leaders and their teams to plan, prioritize and execute optimization opportunities such as supplier consolidation, employee vs. contract strategy (blended workforce planning), site/location strategy, and more
- Establish and solidify business plans and roadmaps as it pertains to recruiting, hiring, training to optimize speed to proficiency
- Drive contracting compliance alignment, reduce risk, and identify savings opportunities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 2+ years BPO vendor management and/or experience in support or customer-facing operations
- Previous experience launching and implementing new outsourced operations, including contracting & negotiations
- Ability to identify upstream blockers, prioritize solutions and communicate effectively
- Customer-centric focus, excellent business acumen, and demonstrated ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a steep learning curve
- Expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling, and capacity planning
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 9/10 or 24 licenses or ability to attain within 6 months of hire
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym